Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax k-1 request for interface firmware explanation

LONG STORY SHORT:

PLZ, COULD ANYBODY WHO HAS KEPT A LAST BIT OF OBJECTIVITY, try to explain, what the new wheels are good for and show off the firmware a bit?
(instead of giggling while shaking the camera when holding its display?)

if you dont have anything to contribute, than getting personal... - just don't. Thanks.

Maybe in a youtube vid?
Or tell anything about the firmware?
What has changed, what is hot, what is not?
What is it with that AI that learns from what settings i make on the camera?

As far as I know, you can customize the infoscreen in some way... is there the possibility to have a histogram on it?

P.S.: Honestly, at the moment I wrote the first thread, there was not ONE review of the camera that said a bit more about the firmware... or its functions. Not to say "concentrated of the firmware alone", though this is very important part of a digital camera. That is the reason i started the thread before.

And yes i thought about jumping ship. But looking at everything on the market; Whatsoever camera it would be... it would just be a stopgap until a PENTAX FF DSLR body with a decent resolution(18-32MP) and a nice stills burstrate(7-12fps) hits the market. I am convinced they will find the right way to go.

---doublesigh--- plz, spare the trolling that time!

FYI: Writing in capital letters is not screaming(That is actually something you do aloud with your voice, yaknow?). Headers and different font sizes are in no way special to the right wing. If you dont like it, boot your LINUX System and surf the web using Lynx.

BTW: Me and RonHendriks have a homoerotic relationship and secretly rule the world.

02-26-2016, 11:00 AM - 6 Likes   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well yes using all caps is considered shouting.

Also using the huge fonts, different size fonts and all the other things you insist on putting in a post make your posts very difficult to read especially on mobile.

And last we get you do not like Pentax implementation of video. You may have mentioned that in a dozen other threads. So no need to start two more so you can complain again. I am sure everyone who does not already have you on their ignore list is well aware of this.

I really wonder why you do not save yourself some pain and buy a camera that really fits your needs. I do not think Pentax is ever going to be a good choice for you.
02-26-2016, 11:01 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
PLZ, COULD ANYBODY WHO HAS KEPT A LAST BIT OF OBJECTIVITY, try to explain, what the new wheels are good for and show off the firmware a bit?
I guess you might ask Nikon Df users the same since the feature is similar to the extra wheel on that camera. The purpose is OBVIOUS from my perspective and relates to quick access to commonly used options without having to dive into the menus or control panel on the main LCD.

Steve

P.S. Why single out Ron Hendricks for a homoerotic relationship? It makes the rest of us feel left out.

P.P.S. Trolling is usually done by the OP. Bashing is what happens when they get a response.

(...sorry for shouting...I tend to get excited at times...I also like to draw attention to myself in less than subtle ways...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-26-2016 at 11:08 AM.
02-26-2016, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Well yes using all caps is considered shouting.

Also using the huge fonts, different size fonts and all the other things you insist on putting in a post make your posts very difficult to read especially on mobile.

And last we get you do not like Pentax implementation of video. You may have mentioned that in a dozen other threads. So no need to start two more so you can complain again. I am sure everyone who does not already have you on their ignore list is well aware of this.

I really wonder why you do not save yourself some pain and buy a camera that really fits your needs. I do not think Pentax is ever going to be a good choice for you.
Spot on jatrax.

02-26-2016, 11:04 AM - 4 Likes   #5
osv
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
in before the lock
02-26-2016, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

I shoot M mode 90% of the time. If I had the K-1, I'd set the third wheel to ISO and be as happy as a clam.

And then I'd shoot video with my Panasonic gear.
02-26-2016, 11:06 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
in before the lock
The last one was locked in record time...can we set a new mark for shortest thread open time?
02-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #8

I'm sorry but I don't understand how this post is any better than the first one you posted...

However, regarding the firmware, as I've seen in videos, it's not the final version and therefore maybe not relevant to know what can and what cannot be achieved just yet. The third wheel, I guess, is to make fast adjustements of for example, iso settings without pressing the dedicated iso button and then scroll one of the dials.

I guess we just have to wait some time for the finished product.

02-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
guys, dont...

---------- Post added 02-26-16 at 11:08 AM ----------

Explanations? ... ? Video of the firmware ? anybody found something?
02-26-2016, 11:09 AM - 7 Likes   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
:headbang:

CLOSED
Closed Thread