Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2016, 01:48 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hansenn Quote
nice review Mike.
BTW, what store did borrow you the camera? And did they tell you when the K-1 will be expected there?
I'm the Dutch Ambassador so I didn't get it from a store hansenn. Delivery will be mid april as far as I know. Orders are coming in so I hope all will be served in the first batch that arrives here in NL

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 09:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Inspiring photos!
Thank you monochrome!

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 09:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
Mike when able it would be nice to see some of the images a full Rez. Your image of the deer is the sharpest I have seen yet from the dfa 150-450.
Hello Bobell, the resolution is far better than anything previously brought out in APS-C format and indeed the 150-450 is a great lens. It has replaced my Sigma 500/4.5 as to go with lens. It's only marginally less sharp but it's flexibility makes up for it

03-05-2016, 03:01 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Ben jij ook in Nijkerk volgende week?
03-05-2016, 03:57 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you for sharing, Mike.

Clearly you have the skills to make such a camera shine, but I'm getting excited to have one in my hands in the not-to-distant future.
03-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Very inspirational!

I have been reading about pre visualization (Ansel Adams) and your photos embody the spirit of what is possible. The camera is in a class of its own and I can not wait for mine to arrive.

03-05-2016, 09:29 AM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
Ben jij ook in Nijkerk volgende week?
Hi Frenc in ieder geval de zondag en als je maandag gaat kunnen we een tijd afspreken in de Pentax stand als je wilt.

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 05:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Thank you for sharing, Mike.

Clearly you have the skills to make such a camera shine, but I'm getting excited to have one in my hands in the not-to-distant future.
Hi Rondec, good to hear you took the plunge already. I can assure you you will be one happy camper once you get your first results on your monitor ;-)

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 05:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JENSEN7474 Quote
I have been reading about pre visualization (Ansel Adams) and your photos embody the spirit of what is possible. The camera is in a class of its own and I can not wait for mine to arrive.
Thank you Jensen, you must have read my praise for Ansel's pre-visualisation techniques somewhere? It really helps getting the image right!
Great to hear you ordered one already!
03-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for a very fine review! I mostly shoot wildlife out my windows and the K1 is overkill, but I think I am going to want it anyhow. It sounds like a joy to use, and if it will help me improve my squirrel shots it will be well worth the investment...and the price is certainly very reasonable for a camera with such great features...as you clearly pointed out.

Best Regards!
03-05-2016, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #22

Now I have had the opportunity to squeeze and hug a K-1, exhibited at the Hässleholm Nature Photo Festival. A great (in all senses) festival held in my tiny home town. The exhibitor, the agent for the Nordic countries, claimed it was the only specimen in Scandinavia right now. Is that correct, Kenspo? Obviously there is one in Finland also, but strictly that is a Nordic but not Scandinavian country.

Since I have been doing my homework, my only remaining concern was the viewfinder. In my K5 I have replaced the original matte screen with a Canon ee-s screen, which makes it possible to focus very fast lenses manually. But the screen in the K-1 cannot be replaced, so I had some doubts whether the K-1 would be for me and my beloved manual lenses. To check this out I brought my A* 85mm f1.4. And it was fully satisfactory! So now I have one on preorder.

How did it feel? Well, definitely larger and heavier than the K5. But I was prepared for that, so even if I like the smallness of Pentax cameras, I wasn't disappointed. Handling? If you have a Pentax K7, K5 or k3 camera you are already at home. What's new, like the third thumb wheel, is quickly learnt. But what is the CH/CL setting for? The importer didn't know (had only had the camera for one day and it came without a manual), and no peers at the festival knew or could guess either.

There were also the new lenses for the FF. There we can talk big and heavy! They will not end up in my bag.

Kjell
03-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Continuous High/Continuous Low i.e. the frame rate. I suppose it's more familiar to Nikonians.
P.S. Don't forget to send the camera to Romania when you're finished with it

03-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #24
Lens Buying Addict

CH/CL = Continuous High / Continuous Low speed frame rate.
03-05-2016, 11:51 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
In my K5 I have replaced the original matte screen with a Canon ee-s screen, which makes it possible to focus very fast lenses manually. But the screen in the K-1 cannot be replaced, so I had some doubts whether the K-1 would be for me and my beloved manual lenses. To check this out I brought my A* 85mm f1.4. And it was fully satisfactory!
That is good news as I too have a Canon ee-s screen in my K5 and was a bit worried.
03-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
P.S. Don't forget to send the camera to Romania when you're finished with it
Any time I happen to pop by you can borrow it.

Kjell

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 10:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
CH/CL = Continuous High / Continuous Low speed frame rate.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Continuous High/Continuous Low i.e. the frame rate. I suppose it's more familiar to Nikonians.
thx, sounds logical

Kjell