Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2016, 03:14 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
same applies to NZ on both counts ...
good to hear - the bit about size and enthusiasm, anyway - I've got some family in the W(h)angaui district - Hobbs's and MacGregor's - just thought I'd mention as I notced your location

03-13-2016, 07:51 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Went back to Henry's yesterday and asked about Pentax again. The guy said they don't carry it because not too many people buy it, but he said he hoped they would carry K-1. Then he looked at his computer and told me that across Canada, there were a TOTAL OF 12!!! pre-orders for K-1. Something tells me that it is not the overwhelming show of interest they were looking for.
Most in Canada will wait a bit to see where the currency settles. Over the last two weeks it changed 5 cents vs. The USD, meaning the price goes down in CAD. That makes it tough on retailers as well; their margin could disappear.

I bought two k3 bodies and some lenses from Henry's, they were the first to have stock when it was released.