Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2016, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-1 Pictures on amazon

I was browsing amazon for some a/c coil cleaner when my mind wander to my one of my favorite past times (photography). Soon I found myself looking up the K-1 and low and behold there it was with a whole bunch of sample pics I have not seen yet. Now, supposedly these are from DPR but I have not seen them on the site when I have looked in the past.

what is really interesting is these seem to be rather large crops (full size maybe?) of the pics.

If this is posted or alluded to else where sorry for the redundancy.

Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-1-Full-Frame-Camera/dp/B01BL6L3G6

scroll down to the sample pics section to see them.

03-07-2016, 06:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian

It's a shame the photographer missed the focus on that guy's eyes, but the pores on his nose are awesome!

not available on the UK site yet
03-07-2016, 06:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
It's a shame the photographer missed the focus on that guy's eyes, but the pores on his nose are awesome!

not available on the UK site yet
His left eye (on the viewer's right) seems to be pretty close to in focus, Wonder if the lens was decentered and throwing the right side of his face OOF. The whiskers on his upper lip are also an indication of excellent IQ.
03-07-2016, 07:17 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by W.j.christy Quote
I was browsing amazon for some a/c coil cleaner when my mind wander to my one of my favorite past times (photography). Soon I found myself looking up the K-1 and low and behold there it was with a whole bunch of sample pics I have not seen yet. Now, supposedly these are from DPR but I have not seen them on the site when I have looked in the past.
Yes, they were on the DPReview site. (At least, a number of them were). In fact, I downloaded DNGs for 6 of them before they were withdrawn at the request of Ricoh.

03-07-2016, 08:10 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
Yes, they were on the DPReview site. (At least, a number of them were). In fact, I downloaded DNGs for 6 of them before they were withdrawn at the request of Ricoh.

Interesting, that would explain why I couldn't see them when I looked. I wonder what Pentax thinks of Amazon posting them. Probably ok with it as they are not full res images.

How are the DNG's? Do they clean up well in post processing? I hear the raw files are pretty good if not excellent for the k-1.
03-07-2016, 09:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

the one with 6400 iso is promissing indeed!
it is the first time to see a hi iso sample for k1.
03-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #7
Pentaxian

75075 on Flickr

Here's a 100% crop from one of the samples here: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/S/amazon-dp.dpreview.com/sample_galler...x_k1/75075.jpg

Looks kinda weird, doesn't it? It's taken with the HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8ED SDM WR lens at f/4.
03-08-2016, 12:36 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by W.j.christy Quote
How are the DNG's? Do they clean up well in post processing? I hear the raw files are pretty good if not excellent for the k-1.
I'm not sure what that means. The DNGs are just normal DNGs, as I've been using for many years.

I'm assuming that what I'm seeing is all about the basic performance of the camera and lens, rather than anything special about the raw files.