Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
See the two comments quoted above. The only way it is going to happen in our universe within the bounds of known physics is if the camera is made without AF or if the viewfinder is not optical or if Ricoh were to pioneer a radical new AF tech that is able to attain PDAF speed and flexibility without using a half-silvered mirror.
Steve
I already addressed this above.

Of course this is hardly a condemnation of the the K-1 nor is it a mandate. Afterall, looking at the viewfinders of the film era, it would seem that there were more non-lifesize viewfinders then there were lifesize.

---------- Post added 03-13-16 at 12:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I know you are a big fan of the LX, but I beg to differ. Its finder image may be big, but others are brighter.
Steve
Don't need to beg and to be sure, I am a fan of the versatility - and uniqueness, of the LX's viewfinder and aperture priority system in particular and large viewfinders in general.

As far as brightness of the LX is concerned, I have actually conducted numerous tests concerning this and have observed the relative brightness of numerous systems and the LX is bigger and brighter so as to make critical focusing faster and more reliable. A sampling of the systems below.

That I prefer large and bright viewfinders doesn't mean I have not settled for lesser products either . . .