Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2016, 02:44 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Alright I know I am a bit late to the party, but has anyone been to the demo day tried K-1 with a PTTL flash? I am asking because I've had problem with the PTTL lag on my K-3 and there's nothing I can do to resolve it, I shoot skateboarding sometimes, so it's fisheye and flash and HSS, it was instantaneous shutter firing with my K-5IIs but a very annoying lag when using the same lens/flash on K-3, I might not be using K-1 for this application as yet because I don't have a FF fisheye yet, but I want to do it eventually, by getting a used F17-28 fisheye maybe, hopefully the PTTL shutter lag issue has been resolve in the K-1.

04-03-2016, 08:06 AM   #17
Marketplace Reseller

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Alright I know I am a bit late to the party, but has anyone been to the demo day tried K-1 with a PTTL flash? I am asking because I've had problem with the PTTL lag on my K-3 and there's nothing I can do to resolve it, I shoot skateboarding sometimes, so it's fisheye and flash and HSS, it was instantaneous shutter firing with my K-5IIs but a very annoying lag when using the same lens/flash on K-3, I might not be using K-1 for this application as yet because I don't have a FF fisheye yet, but I want to do it eventually, by getting a used F17-28 fisheye maybe, hopefully the PTTL shutter lag issue has been resolve in the K-1.
Oops sorry, i didn't take my flash, I'm not sure what flash you have but you might consider mastering the auto-mode, my Metz 58 AF-2 has an auto thyristor (or similar technology that simulates it and in most instances its spot on. Hmmm not sure i can do HSS in that mode, haven't tried it. I'm sorry i can't offer a fix to your issue. I have one on the marketplace for $300 no tax if you're interested.