04-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by henryzhou Quote
still no update on pending order placed on 2/18 at B&H
BH is closed until 1 or 2 of May, hardly will be any update on any item

04-28-2016, 05:05 PM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
BH is closed until 1 or 2 of May, hardly will be any update on any item
Thanks for reminding. Looks like I don't need to check the order status again this week.
04-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for reminding. Looks like I don't need to check the order status again this week.
I keep refreshing the page but it isn't going to change until Monday......................

And based on comments here nothing is going to change on Monday either.
04-28-2016, 05:40 PM   #64

Photos: Gallery
I just noticed that it might be Golden Week in Japan right now (on Friday, I guess). So the timing was possibly set such that their team could ship and then take a well deserved break.

04-28-2016, 11:56 PM   #65

I also pre-ordered from B&H, and am hoping that early next week we'll get solid news about the expected delivery date. My hope is that the K-1 is already en route, and is timed to arrive shortly after the retailer reopens it's doors.
04-29-2016, 01:50 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ordered from my local B+M and got a call yesterday to say that the grip has arrived at the store and the camera is at the warehouse. The camera should be available at the store May 5.
04-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I'll probably be going to Calgary in two weeks to see my Mom and shoot some LF stuff with some of the locals. Was planning on dropping into TCS while there for some supplies and was hoping to see the K-1 while there. I will now be emailing them to tell them not to sell your their last one so that I can see it.
Snerk! Too late, mine was paid for ages ago. In a fit of stupidity I clicked the paypal button, so I've been short $2500 for weeks and weeks now.

Anyone in your group shoot MF or is it all LF? I have an old 645 that I only use a few times a year - would be good to get out more often.

04-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #68

Pentax confirmed K-1 will be officially arriving in US on May 3rd on twitter.
05-02-2016, 05:20 AM   #69

Visited b&h yesterday, but not any sign of the k1.
05-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #70

It's still morning here in the US. I hope to see signs of the K-1 moving out from B&H before the end of the day.
05-02-2016, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noser Quote
Snerk! Too late, mine was paid for ages ago. In a fit of stupidity I clicked the paypal button, so I've been short $2500 for weeks and weeks now.

Anyone in your group shoot MF or is it all LF? I have an old 645 that I only use a few times a year - would be good to get out more often.
I have only actually shot with two of them before when they came to the Hat and I got them access to the interior of a closed historical pottery plant.

I am sure that they also shoot MF and 35mm as well as digital. I get their mailing list and correspond occasionally but this will be the first time I will be going to Calgary to shoot with them. Myself I am more of a medium format shooter, Holga, Diana and Hasselblad.
05-02-2016, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #72

I asked B&H... regarding the order I placed on 2/18

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Please be advised that your backorder is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by May 4. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information.

I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.
05-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #73

I asked B&H...
Thanks for sharing this.
05-02-2016, 07:06 PM   #74

FWIW for the Canadian folks I called The Camera Store on Friday, and the fellow on the phone basically said 'Yes, we know it's been seen in the wild, we just haven't seen ours yet.'

There were no promises made - he stuck to the "week or two" thing, but I noticed today that they changed their product page from pre-order to regular back-order, 7-14 days. So it kinda lines up with the US retailers.

It's frustrating to hear other folks back east getting it shipped out of Mississauga, but being left in the dark out here.

My only reason for frustration is totally selfish; I have the car for the first 3 days of the week, so I can zip over there to pick it up
05-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #75

QuoteOriginally posted by noser Quote
FWIW for the Canadian folks I called The Camera Store on Friday, and the fellow on the phone basically said 'Yes, we know it's been seen in the wild, we just haven't seen ours yet.'

There were no promises made - he stuck to the "week or two" thing, but I noticed today that they changed their product page from pre-order to regular back-order, 7-14 days. So it kinda lines up with the US retailers.

It's frustrating to hear other folks back east getting it shipped out of Mississauga, but being left in the dark out here.

My only reason for frustration is totally selfish; I have the car for the first 3 days of the week, so I can zip over there to pick it up
out here in the backwoods of Saskatchewan, the local Don's Photo in both Regina and Saskatoon received K-1s ... too bad Calgary lags behind.