Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #106

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hsteeves Quote
Different enough that I am going to have to read the manual.
Yep.

For example: zooming in to check focus in LiveView = OK button. For some reason I had to look that up; it's mapped to the INFO button on my K-5.

05-06-2016, 12:58 AM   #107

Delivered

Mine got delivered today (Thurs.). It is quite an upgrade from a k20d! I need to stop playing with it long enough to upload some photos. Mine shipped Signature Required from Adorama, keep that in mind.

The grip on the k1 is different from the k20d. I have pretty big hands and i'm finding the index finger divot too aggressive. Holding off judgement until I've used it a week or so.

Last edited by drache; 05-06-2016 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Updates
05-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #108
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by drache Quote
Mine got delivered today (Thurs.). It is quite an upgrade from a k20d! I need to stop playing with it long enough to upload some photos. Mine shipped Signature Required from Adorama, keep that in mind.

The grip on the k1 is different from the k20d. I have pretty big hands and i'm finding the index finger divot too aggressive. Holding off judgement until I've used it a week or so.
Mine arrived today Friday 5/6/16. and I've fiddled with it a bit and taken a few photos. Even compared to a K3 with is a bit of a Geek shock. It has additional buttons and dials all over the place. My first impression
was of being overwhelmed a bit, but in fact I was able to set it up and use it as it is enough like the K-3 that I had to learn little to set it up and use it. the mode switch when you use a DA lens is completely
transparent, and seems to work properly with at least one SIGMA lens I tried.

The one surprise that I wasn't prepared for, thought it makes perfect sense, is that you need to stock up on more bigger memory cards. Between being full frame and half frame and 35mp instead of 24
I see about twice as much realestate being occupied by each photo but if you were comfortable with the number of photos you could store on your K3 I suggest buying memory cards twice as big as you had.
05-06-2016, 11:21 PM   #109

QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
Mine arrived today Friday 5/6/16. and I've fiddled with it a bit and taken a few photos.
The first thing I did was last night went out and played with all the crazy ISO settings.There is no built in flash, I haven't need it yet. I need to get out of the city and try out the clock drive feature. A trip to Larch Mt. may be needed!

rvannatta, i hear you on the SD cards. I thought I was doing well before realizing I was only saving in .jpg format.