Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2016, 08:41 PM   #31

Australian delivery date delayed until at least the 10th May

For those Australian customers of the K1, I have just been informed that the Australian supplier has indicated that delivery has been delayed until the 10th of May.

04-25-2016, 08:58 PM   #32

I went to the Ricoh Japan site and click on ordering a K-1. Japanese only. I got this page when translated with Google translate came out to this:

QuoteQuote:
Products Terms of purchase

Orders until 2016 April 15, 15 will be delivered on launch day (the next day after the release date by some areas).
For orders of 2016 April 15, after 15 o'clock, it will be delivered in mid-May or later.

This item is a reserved commodity.

- It is 2016 April 28 sale.
• If you are ordering other along with the goods, will be shipped at the time the goods that have been ordered are aligned all.

If you choose the "bank transfer (advance payment)" or "convenience store settlement (payment in advance)" in the payment method, it will be the reservation complete with your payment.
??? | RICOH IMAGING
04-25-2016, 09:06 PM   #33
Veteran Member

K1 delivery

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Curious why that is? If you cancel now you will have to get in line again. Not a problem if they have stock but after 645z launch they were out of stock for months trying to catch up with demand.

Which is the 'main' website?

http://us.ricoh-imaging.com/pentaxff/

Its the main one for the us. On there it says preorder for april delivery.

Also i preordered on the 19th of february reading the usa ricoh site that said april delivery thinking i would have it before may. Now that its almost may ill have to consider waiting till the end of the year due to the nature of my work. Its not terrible though cause i can wait, my current setups work just fine. I was hoping that i would already be able to use the k1 and the 15-30mm as my uwa setup before leaving.
04-25-2016, 09:21 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am curious...where are people getting the "now where on summer" notion?
Yeah, delivery did not occur according to the rumored date made up by people asking their cousin who knows a guy who washes the windows at a place across the street from a camera store so it's tar and pitchforks for Ricoh who must have 'lied' to them. Give me a break. Anything to give RIcoh a black eye, but I guess it was expected.

---------- Post added 04-25-16 at 09:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Fcsnt54 Quote
Its the main one for the us. On there it says preorder for april delivery.
It certainly does. I'm betting they miss by a few days.

So your work takes you to Antarctica for 6 months? Or something similar, oil rig? I can sympathize, I have a coast trip planned for May and an eastern Washington trip in June so really hoping the K-1 gets here before I have to leave.

---------- Post added 04-25-16 at 09:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I got this page when translated with Google translate came out to this:
I read that to mean that anyone who ordered before 15th April will get their camera shipped as soon after 'launch day' as the retailer can. Which in B&H case will be in May after they re-open. Others might ship sooner or later depending on the retailer and the truck from the warehouse to the retailer.

It also seems to imply that the first run is sold out and anyone ordering after 15 April has to wait for the second shipment.

It sounds to me as if they have gone to great lengths to coordinate a world wide "launch day". Anyone want to speculate how incredibly difficult that has to be to pull off?

04-25-2016, 09:41 PM   #35
Veteran Member

PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING ????

Steve
It was me!... 35c° on the shadow, rain on sunday very high humidity today (~70%), you start sweat doing nothing... my brain get a little overcooked this day and i think were on summer already

Now on 20c° just exiting from the shower amd more fresh i remember we are still on spring.
04-25-2016, 09:42 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
It also seems to imply that the first run is sold out and anyone ordering after 15 April has to wait for the second shipment.
I believe you are reading this right. When I bought my K10D in Spring of 2007, the first production run sold out almost immediately on release (Nov 2006?) and it was several months before stores were able to secure stock for their shelves. Even though Pentax had several Portland-area brick 'n mortar dealers at the time, it was late Spring before any had a K10D in stock. I bought mine from B&H in March 2007 and still had to wait a few weeks for delivery.

Steve
04-25-2016, 09:51 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, this is the first, anything, that I've ever pre-ordered. I'm starting to think maybe that was a good idea.

---------- Post added 04-25-16 at 09:54 PM ----------

And here we go: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/314224-pentax-k-1-o...ml#post3618784

04-26-2016, 05:25 AM - 2 Likes   #38
Forum Member

K-1 is now on sale in Vietnam, I think it will be available in all markets soon.
Attached Images

Last edited by Reltih; 04-27-2016 at 12:08 AM.
04-26-2016, 06:50 AM   #39

PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING ????

Steve
Beats me. Summer in Japan traditionally starts 7 May. It's Autumn going on Winter in Australia. AFAIK Mexico shares the same calendar for seasons as the US, e.g. June 21 or the summer solstice.

People just want to cut off their noses to spite their face on canceling their pre-orders. There have been a whole string of scale 6+ earthquakes in the Pacific (Vanuatu for instance). The tsunami warnings from these would shut down ports in the danger zones which would affect container shipping schedules.
04-26-2016, 06:59 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Summer... hah.... we got 10 cm of snow yesterday and it just started to snow again. Atleast I will have the new camera when spring comes to umeå in sweden...
04-26-2016, 07:08 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
we got 10 cm of snow yesterday
LOL, we got snow on the mountain yesterday too. Not 10cm, just enough to cover the trees above 1,000m but still snow.
04-26-2016, 07:10 AM   #42
Veteran Member

We had 4 times snow alone this tuesday. oh boy what a weather.
Anyways, this looks really good! A crazy expensive purchase
So we are at the edge of our new toy!!!!
04-26-2016, 07:15 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's snowing right now in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Spring doesn't arrive until June around here. It has something to do with being surrounded by the Labrador Current.
04-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #44

Hmm, I just checked on Samy's Camera (local B&M store in Los Angeles) Website. Under K-1 availability it says usually ships in 3-5 business days. But when you click on order it says quantity is more than in stock., do you want to back order? No ETA on when the order may be fulfilled just that they are fulfilled in the order that they were taken.

Pentax K-1 Digital SLR Camera Body
04-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #45
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
when if spring comes to umeå in sweden...
More accurate now, no?