Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
You are not Robinson Crusoe,Wibbly.

04-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wibbly Quote
am i the only one who thinks it's kind of sickening that so many are more concerned about the status of their electronics as opposed to the health and safety of thousands of people?

dozens have died and hundreds of thousands have been affected, i'm pretty sure your little camera can wait if need be
I was going to post a similar reply. Thanks!
I spend a lot of time in Japan, just glad our small operation over there was not affected.
04-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
am i the only one who thinks it's kind of sickening that so many are more concerned about the status of their electronics as opposed to the health and safety of thousands of people?

dozens have died and hundreds of thousands have been affected, i'm pretty sure your little camera can wait if need be
We should be very patient, very very patient. In the meantime we should also pray for all those injured, displaced and killed.

---------- Post added 04-18-16 at 02:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
You are not Robinson Crusoe,Wibbly.
there is nothing wrong with your question. However, it is incumbent on all in response to recognise the human tragedy and show empathy by not whining about any delays to the K-1 (if they occur).
04-17-2016, 10:24 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
No need to pretend you occupy a moral high ground. It's not the first time for most of us that this forum has witnessed various natural disasters with a potential impact on our hobby (tsunami in Japan, hurricanes in Philippines, flooding in Thailand etc).

I'm sure everyone here has concerns about the people in Japan (and elsewhere) impacted by the current calamities. If anything, our hobby makes us more inclined to follow the news more closely, and take a deeper, more sympathetic interest in what people must be going through in those areas impacted by such disasters.

04-18-2016, 01:26 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Further details on how the two Sony imaging sensor factories are impacted.
04-18-2016, 02:05 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The new DFA 15-30 and DFA 24-70 are Tamron/Pentax, and made in Japan. Production of them could be at risk, I guess.

The D FA* 70-200, the D FA 28-105 and D FA 150-450 are the new FF lenses assembled in Vietnam. But depending on the supply-chain for them (ie all the parts for the lenses, like optical elements, could come from Japan) even their production could potentially be disrupted by earthquake problems.
true that,

however as several have pointed out, mass production has begun a little while ago, so the first few(?) batches should be not affected. The future prospect though remains uncertain. Im sure we will all be smarter in the coming months.

Pentax cameras are produced in the Philippines, not Vietnam as Adam has correctly pointed out. My mistake
04-18-2016, 02:16 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My concern was for distribution(knowing the anticipation of the pre order folk)not the production.Philippines is far away to not be affected.

Anyway,I hope all get their k1s asap.I'll eagerly await the kids in the "candy"store images.The intrigue of how it'll feel and perform???

I hope a B&M near me has one to test out.
04-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
No need to pretend you occupy a moral high ground. It's not the first time for most of us that this forum has witnessed various natural disasters with a potential impact on our hobby (tsunami in Japan, hurricanes in Philippines, flooding in Thailand etc).

I'm sure everyone here has concerns about the people in Japan (and elsewhere) impacted by the current calamities. If anything, our hobby makes us more inclined to follow the news more closely, and take a deeper, more sympathetic interest in what people must be going through in those areas impacted by such disasters.

i'm not pretending to take the moral high ground. posts like this are just like asking for your cut of the will the same day grandma died. it's sickening. and i'm obviously not the only one who feels that way.

being more concerned about how events affect YOU as opposed to those ACTUALLY affected is what we'd call moral LOW ground. i'd consider myself pretty neutral here.

04-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #24
Pentaxian

+1 from me too.
05-30-2016, 02:19 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
I spend a lot of time in Japan, just glad our small operation over there was not affected
Looks like there will be some delays until Sony gets back to normal.

http://pentaxrumors.com/2016/05/27/ricohpentax-also-impacted-by-the-2016-kum...kes/#more-1161

Last edited by surfar; 05-30-2016 at 02:26 PM.