Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2021, 02:13 AM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by qdfb Quote
Hasselblad has a user adjustable delay between shots on its multishot cameras. The point is to allow studio strobes time to recycle between the four shots (on a four shot setting similar to the K1). I assume that with the K1, Pentax would have to do two things: add a delay for recycling and resetting the shutter, and also add an instruction to fire the flash other than by pushing the shutter button.
Old thread I know. I ran into the PixelShift no flash limitation too.

I just want to point out that the flash also triggers with the remote, not just physically pressing the shutter button.

I agree Pentax should allow flash to work in PixelShift MC off mode (tripod) with a flash recharging delay.

Interval shooting already works with flash. It really shouldn't be too hard to implement PS with flash.

Last edited by madbrain; 05-15-2021 at 02:20 AM.
05-15-2021, 09:38 PM   #77
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
Interval shooting already works with flash. It really shouldn't be too hard to implement PS with flash.
The limitation is flash with electronic shutter.

Steve
05-16-2021, 04:37 AM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The limitation is flash with electronic shutter.

Steve
I see. That limitation makes sense.

However, on the K-1 II you can shoot PixelShift with the mechanical shutter too, if you use the handheld mode (labeled called PixelShift image stabilization in the menus). Of course, that's not intended for tripod use. So a delay (1-2 seconds typically for flash recharge depending on power) wouldn't make sense in that mode.

I guess the "MC off" tripod mode always uses the electronic shutter. One would need an option to use the mechanical shutter with it too. I guess that's not preferable due to shutter & mirror shake. But it could still be offered as an option if one wants to use tripod Pixelshift with flash.