Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 11:08 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
K1- Sample Images (Jpegs & Raw) Posted!

Just came across this and thought I share with the community.

Pentax K-1 Sample Images | PhotographyBLOG

Regards

04-28-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for this. The lack of chroma noise at high ISOs is impressive.
04-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe it is just me but this site (via your link) has been caught by my anti-virus software here!
Just so you know.
04-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Maybe it is just me but this site (via your link) has been caught by my anti-virus software here!
Just so you know.
My alarms don't ring. Plus it's a pretty established, serious website.

04-28-2016, 02:05 PM   #5
rlatjsrud

Well idk why but most of them did not focus well even with DFA* 70-200mm f2.8. Any problem with AF system or? Even though, 28-105 at F11 is not that impressive. I guess it's just a bundle lens then...

The dynamic range is VERY impressive especially the highlight area. It's just wow! But I wanna see samples under the sunny day for sure. Shadow area is still great.

Hmmm I think 5 axis SR is not that great compare to Canon 24-105mm IS.
04-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I've just had a look at the RAW samples and played around with them in Lightroom. With the same settings I use by default for my K-5 and K-3 images, the high ISO results are remarkable. ISO 25600 is very useable indeed! I'm particularly impressed by the very manageable colour noise at this higher setting. Lightroom just gets rid of it, period, with no green or magenta blotching. Very good!
04-28-2016, 02:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
It's the many cascading, awful Javascript trackers, snoopers and ad links they include. It's really horrible, aggressive code, and it's hardly surprising that some of those third party inclusions could trigger a security alert. I stopped visiting photographyblog a long time ago. When I do visit, I go in with javascript disabled.

04-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #8
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It's the many cascading, awful Javascript trackers, snoopers and ad links they include. It's really horrible, aggressive code, and it's hardly surprising that some of those third party inclusions could trigger a security alert. I stopped visiting photographyblog a long time ago. When I do visit, I go in with javascript disabled.
I use Chrome with the uBlock add-in, and the latter removes all of photographyblog's nasties... everything loads up quickly, and no warnings. Worth giving it a try
04-28-2016, 07:07 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The ISO performance is pretty good. The Jpegs images do lose sharpness as the ISO goes up but its a pretty good compromise in my view.
Would have been great if the exposure was a bit more even on these shots but I'm guessing thats down to auto exposure.

Sharpness at low ISO is great and is delivering plenty of detail (even without super resolution).
04-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I use Chrome with the uBlock add-in, and the latter removes all of photographyblog's nasties... everything loads up quickly, and no warnings. Worth giving it a try
Thanks for the heads-up!
04-28-2016, 07:49 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Superb

I pixel peeped in on a distant crane towards a top left corner and impressive sharpness. Only towards the extreme corners did it seem to soften due to the lens aperture of f/2.8. Handheld at 1/250 200mm this is an impressive use of the new advanced stabilisation. I wonder what it compares like to my K30?

I'd love one of these for astrophotography.

Congratulations on your new FF Pentax, I've my ME Super and took 6 rolls with it last week. I wonder how the K1 viewfinder compares to the ME Super viewfinder (massive).
04-28-2016, 08:48 PM   #12

Photos: Gallery
It's the type of site that I would avoid downloading files from going by the rubbish ads etc.
04-29-2016, 04:29 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

comparing the raws vs my A7r that I have been using sence my K-5 broke. I never tought that it would be souch big difference between the same sensor.
K-1 blows the A7r out of the water.
04-30-2016, 03:38 AM   #14
Veteran Member

https://yadi.sk/d/z0ldt2YSrQ8Uv
29 ??????. ????????. ???????? ??????! - ?????? ?????-?????
Mostly K-1 images at the link