Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Availability

May 9, got a bunch of cash come in, and I start looking.

Almost everywhere out of stock. There is one in Kelowna London Drugs if I drive over to get it.

Good for Ricoh.

05-10-2016, 08:15 AM   #2
Forum Member

Yeah, same. Looking to place an order, but also wondering who's going to be able to get em available and shipped out soonest...
05-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
bh are now saying july availability
05-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Is the K-1 in stock from Ricoh Imaginings online store for deliver?

I tried checking but they want you to put in all your info including credit card number before they indicate availability.

05-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
Forum Member

I went ahead and just put in an order from Amazon... here's hoping for the best!
05-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
$1845 at Cameta in kit with a bunch of stuff: Pentax K-1 Full Frame Wi-Fi Digital SLR Camera Body with 64GB Card + Case + Flash + Soft Box + Battery + Flex Tripod + Kit
05-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #7
Forum Member

I placed an order with Amazon (w/ Prime) on Sunday May 8. At the time there was no estimated delivery date.

I just got an email saying it is preparing for shipment and should arrive Monday, May 16. So excluding weekends and transit time that would be a delay of only 3 business days over in-stock Amazon Prime deliveries.
05-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My local B&M chain had five in stock yesterday. They must have gotten more in. Just a guess, but I think the big dealers underestimated the demand and were overwhelmed with pre-orders.

05-11-2016, 08:19 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ajack Quote
I placed an order with Amazon (w/ Prime) on Sunday May 8. At the time there was no estimated delivery date.

I just got an email saying it is preparing for shipment and should arrive Monday, May 16. So excluding weekends and transit time that would be a delay of only 3 business days over in-stock Amazon Prime deliveries.
Let us know if it has a US warranty. When I last looked it was Amazon selling, so I'm gonna speculate it does, although I'm not sure Amazon is an authorized dealer. But I'm not sure that matters; I couldn't find much info about that on Ricoh's site. They seem to hide the ball on that subject quite well.
05-11-2016, 08:54 AM   #10
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
Let us know if it has a US warranty. When I last looked it was Amazon selling, so I'm gonna speculate it does, although I'm not sure Amazon is an authorized dealer. But I'm not sure that matters; I couldn't find much info about that on Ricoh's site. They seem to hide the ball on that subject quite well.
This is a good question. Yes I bought mine directly from Amazon, but as I'm sure you know there are often other 3rd part sellers that use the Amazon storefront as well.

In another thread from 2012 @Adam said:

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A Pentax rep said that as long as you have a receipt that's not from ebay or paypal, and the item isn't marked as "grey market", then they will honor the warranty.
So that's promising. But maybe I should contact Pentax myself to confirm...
05-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazon is an authorized dealer, but many third-party sellers through Amazon are not.

QuoteOriginally posted by ajack Quote
A Pentax rep said that as long as you have a receipt that's not from ebay or paypal, and the item isn't marked as "grey market", then they will honor the warranty.
They more or less re-confirmed this at WPPI, saying that the customer won't take the fall for Amazon's third-party seller network and will therefore still be eligible for warranty.

Now, if you're getting a huge discount or something to that effect, I wouldn't expect them to bend the rules in your favor

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-11-2016, 10:23 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
Nope.

Cameta contacted me and said they erroneously listed this in stock. They got a shipment from Ricoh and it got mislabeled; oopsy. And they're not sure when they'll get 'em, since there is an allotment program.

But kudos to them for telling me.
05-11-2016, 10:37 AM   #13
Forum Member

Warranty or not, Amazon's done me some solid's in the past. Kind of makes me think their customer service outweighs Pentax/Ricoh's own and the warranty. Feels pretty safe.
05-12-2016, 08:42 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

Amazon as a seller is an authorized dealer? cool. But how in the world did you figure that out? I STILL can't find a list of dealers anywhere. Ricoh gave me two "examples" of dealers, Adorama and B&H. Duh. And of course their store. So up to three. And now Amazon.

I get the impression an "authorized dealer" is anyone Ricoh directly shipped a box of camera gear to. Rather ad hoc.
05-12-2016, 09:03 AM   #15
Forum Member

I emailed Ricoh to get the info straight from the horse's mouth and this is what they told me:

"Amazon.com itself is an authorized RICOH reseller and any product fulfilled by them would be covered by a standard manufacturer's one year warranty."

Sounds pretty official! I agree it is annoying that they don't publish a list of dealers.