Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
05-13-2016, 05:57 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Is that the NIB stereo accessory that hung around eBay for months - until recently?
No, I've had this one for a few years.

05-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Hmm. Never had the PD twist. Can't imagine how it would. [shrug]
One side would catch and the rearward part would flop over. It helps to keep as little slack in the sling as possible, since it won't flop unless it has the extra length to do so. If you can carry it close in and tight it shouldn't happen. I had to have my longer for various reasons which partly explains why I needed the single suspension point. Kinda depends on the lens and body too; I was using a M43 so the body width was small compared to the overall size (and the two Peak anchors were very close together).
05-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
One side would catch and the rearward part would flop over. It helps to keep as little slack in the sling as possible, since it won't flop unless it has the extra length to do so. If you can carry it close in and tight it shouldn't happen. I had to have my longer for various reasons which partly explains why I needed the single suspension point. Kinda depends on the lens and body too; I was using a M43 so the body width was small compared to the overall size (and the two Peak anchors were very close together).
Ahh, I see. That makes sense. Thanks.
05-20-2016, 05:28 PM   #34

Original Poster
So, the fellows with the Peak Design Slide have won me over here, and it arrived yesterday in the mail! It seems of very nice quality and has a fairly nice feel for being called "seat-belt material" on more than one occasion! I also like all of the mounting options that are available with the quick-release buttons. That being said, I am really curious how you have been attaching your strap (especially to a gripped camera, namely the K-1). The only way I've been able to get it to sit both comfortably and "at the ready" with minimal twisting/distorting of the straps is to have one end attached to the provided tripod Arca-Swiss attachment, and the other end on the battery grip's end-point; thus ignoring both of the top camera lugs, while the camera sits on my hip up-side down (which is just fine). This works alright, but I was hoping for more alternatives/flexibility in useful ways to attach the strap. Thanks for the recommendations and great ideas!

05-20-2016, 05:50 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Depends on what I'm doing. I change straps with a bit of regularity. Most often I use a handstrap, with an added ring to a tripod loop that I attach to a carabiner on my belt if I want it close by but not "put away". I sometimes use a black rapid. Sometimes a neoprene wrist strap. Really depends what I'll be doing, where I'll be going.
05-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #36

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Depends on what I'm doing. I change straps with a bit of regularity. Most often I use a handstrap, with an added ring to a tripod loop that I attach to a carabiner on my belt if I want it close by but not "put away". I sometimes use a black rapid. Sometimes a neoprene wrist strap. Really depends what I'll be doing, where I'll be going.
Thanks for your reply!

My main area where I'd like to see improvement is at weddings, using two cameras as well as having a nice single camera set-up that works well with formal clothes. My previous straps don't really get many complaints in the day-to-day use that I go through, but am hoping that the PD Slide will be a nice step up overall.

The PD Clutch/handstrap has a really nice feel to it, and great quality, so I want to love it, but handstraps just must not be my thing.
05-21-2016, 02:50 AM   #37

When I bought GR I was searching best strap system for both K5 and GR finaly i choose peak design system. I also use it with K1. I have hand strap and light strap. Both work well. And both are fully detachable. In many cases i not use strap at all. So now I can easily choose strap,

05-21-2016, 03:54 AM   #38
Veteran Member

BlackRapid Yeti, dual sling.
05-21-2016, 04:16 AM   #39

The one that came in the box!
05-23-2016, 01:12 AM   #40
Banned

I have leather premium camera srap (look at the model on https://www.oleksynprannyk.com/product-category/camera-straps/ ). It looks great - beautiful leather strap that fits perfectly on the camera. I have Pentax K-S2. And the quality is amazing!
05-23-2016, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #41
Veteran Member

I'm not going FF, but I thought I would through in my 2 cents.
I don't have a one solution fits all. Over the years, I gathered:
- 2 camera Spyder holster weddings and events, I haven't found a faster solution when I need to switch between bodies.
- Peak design slide for one camera/lens outings
- peak design capture, worked really well on my belt on my most recent vacation, along with
- ONA bag to carry the limiteds & body. I keep a PD capture on the bag strap as well.
- or any combination of the above.

05-24-2016, 02:09 AM   #42
Veteran Member

I found this in a youtube video yesterday and I think I will replace my chepo JJC strap with this. Looks really promising. Anyone using one of these?
https://www.peakdesign.com/all/cuff

05-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
I found this in a youtube video yesterday and I think I will replace my chepo JJC strap with this. Looks really promising. Anyone using one of these?
https://www.peakdesign.com/all/cuff
Yes I use Peak design both light strap and hand strap as on this photo. both work great as they are easy to detach
05-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm using the OP/Tech wrist strap plus, I just received the RRS BK1-L plate and the Magpul two point QD sling. That should cover my carrying needs.
05-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #45
Veteran Member

thanks guys. I think I will go for a wrist upgrade then