Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Watch What You Say About The Pentax K1 On Other Forums (Blogs)!

I currently use Nikon, Fuji and Pentax camera systems. Not too long ago I also shot Canon. Anyway, I still remain a member of many of these other camera blogs that focus on these other camera brands.

Now that some really favorable reviews are coming out on the K1, I'm seeing these other blogs starting to have articles on the K1. Folks with the other camera systems are both curious about the new kid on the block, and are also wanting to put the K1 down to show that their chosen equipment is superior.

On one such blog, I made the mistake today of talking about some things I like about the K1. Boy was that the wrong thing to do.

So, just a heads up for you all. As more and more great reviews come out about the K1, the other blogs/forums will be talking more and more about it. Just be aware that if you talk favorably about the K1 on these other sites you will likely be either ignored or flamed.

05-15-2016, 05:14 PM - 1 Like   #2

Petty jealousy (jelly)

05-15-2016, 05:19 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Closed minds are the smallest. I find the best way to deal with this sort of nonsense (aside from simply not participating) is to use reasoned, succinct replies to flames (Ignores are another matter, but who cares, really?). You won't change the limited opinions of a belligerent small mind, but you will influence the ones who really count, with reasoned, calm responses.
05-15-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I regularly post photos on a canon forum (i formerpy shot canon also), and i post what the photo was shot with. Nobody has ever critisized me for shooting Pentax on that forum.

05-15-2016, 05:42 PM - 2 Likes   #5
CDW
Site Supporter

Unfortunately, a huge number of members on some forums are gear heads/fanboys (pixel peepers) rather than photographers. This is the same mentality that is common in high end audio where many owners listen only to recorded music and never attend live acoustic concerts to achieve a frame of reference.

It's ok to have a technical interest and look for improvements in technology that assist in improving one's skills but arguing over a fraction of an EV difference in DR or ISO performance is pure ignorance. The common rebuttal I'm seeing to the K1 now that it's getting good reviews is "it's a great camera, if only there were lenses to match it's performance". The same old tired myth that only the most current, designed for digital (another partial myth) lenses will give the best retails.
05-15-2016, 06:08 PM - 3 Likes   #6

the same holds true if you post positive things about CaNikon cameras on some Pentax forums so I wouldn't be rushing to judgement.
05-15-2016, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hsteeves Quote
the same holds true if you post positive things about CaNikon cameras on some Pentax forums so I wouldn't be rushing to judgement.
Yep, pretty well much just a simple side of human nature. At least this forum isn't judgemental of Sony....

05-15-2016, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
On one such blog, I made the mistake today of talking about some things I like about the K1. Boy was that the wrong thing to do.
The comments section of any article, even on a major website, is a cesspool for the worst dregs of internet humanity (which is pretty low to begin with). If Obi-wan were alive, he would certainly change his mind on Mos Eisley because the comments section truly is the most wretched hive of scum and villainy.
05-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Honestly, why does it matter if they hate on the camera or not? The engineers at Pentax specifically stated that the camera was designed for the loyal pantaxian not to try and win the hearts of those engrossed in other systems. Its great the k-1 has been so well received by others, but really the folks who the camera was made for (pentaxians) love it and that is truly all that matters. Nuts to the them I say.
05-15-2016, 06:19 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Yep, pretty well much just a simple side of human nature. At least this forum isn't judgemental of Sony....
what's a Sony?
05-15-2016, 06:21 PM   #11
Veteran Member

what's a Sony?
I think they are a suby to Pentax.
05-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
The comments section of any article, even on a major website, is a cesspool for the worst dregs of internet humanity (which is pretty low to begin with). If Obi-wan were alive, he would certainly change his mind on Mos Eisley because the comments section truly is the most wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Nicely put.

All forums have the same crew, fanboys, grammar police, google is ur best friend gang, its in the manual party and jpeg haters.
05-15-2016, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #13

Photos: Albums
what's a Sony?
It's a company that manufactures consumer and professional electronic equipment, but that's not important right now.

05-15-2016, 08:58 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

Well,all good on them thinking that theres not enough lenses because just about every lens I like on APS-C, works for me on the K1

SSSHHH, don't tell a soul that the K mount glass is good, keep the prices for the DOOMED!
05-15-2016, 10:09 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Venom3300 Quote
I regularly post photos on a canon forum (i formerpy shot canon also), and i post what the photo was shot with. Nobody has ever critisized me for shooting Pentax on that forum.
I don't think the OP was suggesting it was a universal truism.

QuoteOriginally posted by CDW Quote
Unfortunately, a huge number of members on some forums are gear heads/fanboys (pixel peepers) rather than photographers. This is the same mentality that is common in high end audio where many owners listen only to recorded music and never attend live acoustic concerts to achieve a frame of reference.
Hence the ubiquity of Beats by Dr Dre, concealing the ears of callow youths everywhere...

OK, so maybe it was a universal truism.
No, seriously, the majority of negative comments I see here and in Dpreview is in response to people claiming superiority where no evidence of any substance is presented in support. Maybe there are other Pentax Fora that I'm unfamiliar with.