Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #31
Pentaxian

I would welcome such a camera. K-1 seems like a fantastic camera and value, but as with all Pentax cameras that I have owned from K10D to 645D, K-1 has so much features that I will never use. I would love a stripped version of FF with a killer sensor and IBS, along with some basic function that old Pentax ME used to have.

I may even buy two of such a camera.

05-24-2016, 05:37 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
Assuming the K1 shows that there is a market for a Pentax branded Full Frame, what do you think is the likelyhood of Ricoh introducing one for the experienced amateur in a lighter re-inforced plastic body similar in build to the K-S2 / K50 all be it with a slightly reduced spec.

Changes could include in built flash for emergency use rather than than the GPS / Astro Tracer, simpler articulating screen (like the K-S2), fewer buttons etc. (more like the K5ll / lls), bringing back the dust alert function. I would however keep the top LCD and anti-aliasing mechnism like the K-S2.

Hopefully this could reduce the body only weight to something like the K5 ll / K3. If it (the body) then was marketed at about 75% of the K1's price and teamed up with primes or the 28mm -105mm zoom you would have a fantastic relatively low cost, relatively light weight package for most photographic subjects. It would also beat similar offerings from Nikon / Canon by a mile. It could be called the K-F1. (Remember the Spotimatic F?)
I was at a dog and pony show a couple of weeks ago, and this was a possibility that the rep brought up.
05-24-2016, 06:15 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
There is a place for a K-02 with XS K-Mount.
K-02 FF 24MP collapsing KXS mount. Yeah!