Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-02-2016, 02:33 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Obviously we don't know how many cameras Ricoh has made, but whatever the number is, they are selling really well -- particularly for a Pentax camera. I think a lot of folks skipped the K3 II, knowing that the K1 was coming and jumped on it when it was released.

06-02-2016, 07:22 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eric4 Quote
The Looking Glass in Berkeley had two yesterday until I arrived and purchased one.

They should still have one that you can order on their website DSLR : Looking Glass Photo & Camera
OOS 。。。
06-02-2016, 09:54 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Obviously we don't know how many cameras Ricoh has made, but whatever the number is, they are selling really well -- particularly for a Pentax camera. I think a lot of folks skipped the K3 II, knowing that the K1 was coming and jumped on it when it was released.
The initial production volume was a mere 7,000 units per month or about 1% of the total DSLR production. They played it safe... again.
06-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The initial production volume was a mere 7,000 units per month or about 1% of the total DSLR production. They played it safe... again.
So probably they had an order of a certain number of sensors to be delivered per month from the "Sony Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation's Kumamoto Technology Center" which where hit by the earthquake, halting the supply of sensors.

My local camera store owner said that he would get a very small number of K-1 in a couple of weeks, and that he wasn't sure that he would get any more this year.

That could of course be him trying to sell me one of the cameras by implying that I better buy now or else I'm in for a long wait. Or maybe he actually believes that, or perhaps he doesn't now anything at all.