Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
K-1 Image Synch DNG

Is there a way to sync DNG files from my K-1 to my Dropbox through my iPadPro using Image Sync?


Last edited by rakelly1234; 06-11-2016 at 09:33 AM.
06-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 20
I've got similar question. Once I synced DNG file from K-1 to my iPhone, I can no longer view it. The file stays in Image Sync but cannot be previewed or copied to other places.
06-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 41,822
The app copies the DNG files to its own folder on your phone. I'm not sure where the files go on iPhones, but on android they are placed in /DCIM/Image Sync/{Name of folder in camera}/. You can then use the file manager app to locate/move the files and upload them wherever you'd like. I can do some testing later today if you guys still can't track down the files.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-12-2016, 04:38 AM   #4
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The app copies the DNG files to its own folder on your phone. I'm not sure where the files go on iPhones, but on android they are placed in /DCIM/Image Sync/{Name of folder in camera}/. You can then use the file manager app to locate/move the files and upload them wherever you'd like. I can do some testing later today if you guys still can't track down the files.
Thanks Adam, the app, on my iPadPro, copies the JPEG files to the Photos app. When I tried to Copt a DNG file the select icon, in the Imag Synch app, is greed out and will not copy the file.

06-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 41,822
QuoteOriginally posted by rakelly1234 Quote
Thanks Adam, the app, on my iPadPro, copies the JPEG files to the Photos app. When I tried to Copt a DNG file the select icon, in the Imag Synch app, is greed out and will not copy the file.
Sounds like a limitation of the iOS version then. Weill definitely investigate.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #6
Site Supporter
dakight's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,166
I can connect to the camera by wifi but I cannot even view the images, let alone move them anywhere. The app comes up with a black screen and clicking any button appears to change function but I get nothing. No files, and no live video. This thing used to work. The firmware of the K-1 has been updated to 1.10


I would really like to use this feature but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work.

---------- Post added 07-22-16 at 03:46 PM ----------

OK, after reading a couple of other threads I have it working now. The live view issue was resolved by setting the camera to single exposure mode; it had been in bracket mode. Then it would not focus and I realized I had it on MF mode.... now that's embarrassing enough, but it gets worse.


I took a couple of shots and they showed up in the folder, I was able to move back and forth between the two cards effortlessly and the Raw images were displayed as well as the jpegs. I started thinking about it and realized that I had formatted both cards last night after I was finished shooting for the day... So it appears that everything is working. It feels a little clunky to me but for a version 1 release I guess it's OK, and it's free so it's hard to complain very much.
09-02-2016, 11:07 PM   #7
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4
It seems Image Sync is a little clunky with the K1 and the iPad Pro? I am having the same issue with not being able to do anything with the raw files - I can view them but that's all - can't download to the iPad or anything else. The Jorge work ok. Also the icons come up on the screen only sometimes and then only for a half second for both jpeg and raw. It's not really working the way I hoped.
09-03-2016, 12:13 AM   #8
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Conroe, TX USA
Posts: 226
Image Sync and DNG

Because Image Sync is really a web app, I'd clear cache on my default web browser. DNG files are pretty large for phone downloading unless you are blessed with a lot of memory. This applies to ios, android and maybe windows with Android in virtual. I don't have an iPhone so can't test.

RONC

09-05-2016, 12:27 AM   #9
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Because Image Sync is really a web app, I'd clear cache on my default web browser. DNG files are pretty large for phone downloading unless you are blessed with a lot of memory. This applies to ios, android and maybe windows with Android in virtual. I don't have an iPhone so can't test.

RONC
Well, I tried clearing cache but it still doesn't seem to download them. They are raw pef files rather than dng files. What happens is that they look like they are downloading but all that appears in the folder is a black box with the words "RAW PEF" in it, no thumbnail, and when you click on it nothing happens. And I am downloading them to an iPad Pro which has plenty of space. As I tried to say before (but self-correct changed my words) was that jpegs worked fine, it's just the raw files that don't work.
09-05-2016, 05:35 AM   #10
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Conroe, TX USA
Posts: 226
QuoteOriginally posted by Retrochic Quote
Well, I tried clearing cache but it still doesn't seem to download them. They are raw pef files rather than dng files. What happens is that they look like they are downloading but all that appears in the folder is a black box with the words "RAW PEF" in it, no thumbnail, and when you click on it nothing happens. And I am downloading them to an iPad Pro which has plenty of space. As I tried to say before (but self-correct changed my words) was that jpegs worked fine, it's just the raw files that don't work.
Does the iPad have an app that will view PEF files? Try DNG but wouldn't bet you have app there either. Sorry only thing I know of Apple is $.

RONC
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24x36mm, camera, cards, couple, dng, full-frame, images, k-1, k-1 image synch, live, mode, move, pentax, view
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-1 & Image Sync jcdoss Pentax K-1 38 11-23-2016 05:18 PM
Image Sync: K-S2 transfer a DNG, or convert to a JPEG? FozzFoster Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 8 04-27-2016 01:50 PM
Ricoh Image Sync v1.1.0 app supports K-1 rawr Pentax K-1 6 03-12-2016 09:13 PM
K-r Video and Audio Synch woof Pentax K-r 2 12-25-2010 07:32 PM
Weird Lines and Image Artifacts with DNG files trd300gt Photographic Technique 5 01-31-2010 06:49 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top