Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2016, 04:27 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Continous shooting won't work

I have just got a K-1 and have been spending a lot of time playing around with the menu's and doing some test shooting inside the house. I can't seem to get it to shoot on continuous. Regardless of CH, CL, CM it just shoots a single frame and that's it. I assume there's a conflict with some other menu setting but can't figure it out - any idea's?

It's also remarkably slow. If I take a single frame I have to wait a few seconds while it processed before I can take another frame.

---------- Post added 07-05-16 at 04:28 AM ----------

BTW if I put it in Auto it works fine.

07-05-2016, 04:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The delay is due to lens corrections that you have to disable to get rid of it.

I guess that you shoot with Pixel Shift activated or some other mode that doesn't allow the continuous shooting.
07-05-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Specifically, it's distortion correction that adds about a second of processing time per frame. This won't reduce the FPS, though, just the buffer size.

Do you have pixel shift enabled, or are you using a slow memory card perhaps?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I figured it out - having the 'clarity' feature turned on bogs down processing so much all you can do is shoot one frame at a time. Waste of time having it if you ask me...