Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #61
Pentaxian

It's just his opinion* after all, and it's not like he's bashing Pentax or anything.

* a very wrong opinion, and one apparently heavily influenced by Fujifilm's markepropaganda - which makes it doubly wrong

07-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's just his opinion* after all, and it's not like he's bashing Pentax or anything.

* a very wrong opinion, and one apparently heavily influenced by Fujifilm's markepropaganda - which makes it doubly wrong
Some prolific posters on this very forum argued against the development of a full frame camera.

Anyway, I'm glad a K-1 and the D-FA zooms are sat here on my desk.
07-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #63
Pentaxian

They argue, we buy.
07-28-2016, 12:58 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
They argue, we buy.
We did buy so we did and we are very happy so we are.

07-28-2016, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #65
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Been busy, just had a chance to play the video while doing something else. While it's clear Mr. Northup isn't a Pentaxian, he should get credit for investing a lot of effort into an informative and complimentary video. My 2¢.
07-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #66
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
We did buy so we did and we are very happy so we are.
indeed i love my K1 especially with the tamron 70-200, creates crazy sharp images even at f2.8.
07-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zestoi Quote
indeed i love my K1 especially with the tamron 70-200, creates crazy sharp images even at f2.8.
I couldn't be happier. After years of blowing cash and never quite being satisfied, I'm now . . . satisfied.

Sad I know, but once this bug gets you, you've had it. Resistance is futile.

07-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #68
Forum Member

I couldn't be happier. After years of blowing cash and never quite being satisfied, I'm now . . . satisfied.
me too, almost. i want to pickup a sigma 85mm f1.4 and keep forgetting to order some cactus speedlights+triggers for HSS shoots outside. I'd also love sigma to release the 50-100mm f1.8 for pentax. then I'd be done, possibly

QuoteQuote:
Sad I know, but once this bug gets you, you've had it. Resistance is futile.
yep. at least I get paid for my shoots these days, but doesn't make it any less fun...
07-30-2016, 04:03 PM   #69
Veteran Member

me too, almost. i want to pickup a sigma 85mm f1.4 and keep forgetting to order some cactus speedlights+triggers for HSS shoots outside. I'd also love sigma to release the 50-100mm f1.8 for pentax. then I'd be done, possibly

yep. at least I get paid for my shoots these days, but doesn't make it any less fun...
I got the Zeiss Planar 1.4/85, tiz' good! Cactus are great, got 3 x RF60 and V6, but I believe the V6II does TTL but not sure if it does for Pentax.
07-30-2016, 04:20 PM   #70
Forum Member

I got the Zeiss Planar 1.4/85, tiz' good! Cactus are great, got 3 x RF60 and V6, but I believe the V6II does TTL but not sure if it does for Pentax.
nice lens I prefer AF for my model photoshoots though and guess that's MF? might go for the pentax 85mm if I can't find a sigma but seems slow to AF.

seems the cactus V6II does HSS for pentax from what people have said here. thats the only reason I want them. I'm happy with a bunch of studio strobes and my yongnuo for studio work. actually mostly use the yongnuo
07-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #71
Veteran Member

nice lens I prefer AF for my model photoshoots though and guess that's MF? might go for the pentax 85mm if I can't find a sigma but seems slow to AF.

seems the cactus V6II does HSS for pentax from what people have said here. thats the only reason I want them. I'm happy with a bunch of studio strobes and my yongnuo for studio work. actually mostly use the yongnuo
Couldn't find an FA 1.4/85 and thought I'd pick up the Zeiss ZK before they were all gone.

But the lens most attached to the K-1 is the D-FA* 2.8/70-200. It's great! (wee bit heavy mind)
07-30-2016, 04:37 PM   #72
Forum Member

Couldn't find an FA 1.4/85 and thought I'd pick up the Zeiss ZK before they were all gone.

But the lens most attached to the K-1 is the D-FA* 2.8/70-200. It's great! (wee bit heavy mind)
just a wee bit heavy? I thought I'd try the tamron 70-200 as the shop here had it in stock about the same time they had the K1 and was so cheap (relatively). I've done a few shoots with that combination (also using my old sigma 24-70 non HSS) and I've been blown away by the sharpness. also quite heavy I'm sure it doesn't focus as quickly as your D-FA* but it's surprisingly quick on the K1.

the D-FA* does look fantastic but not sure I can justify almost 4x the price compared to the tamron for the portrait/glamour work I do.
07-30-2016, 05:39 PM   #73
Pentaxian

My 85 f1.4 focuses fairly fast on the K-1 and I have been quite happy with the portraits I've shot with it.
07-31-2016, 04:20 PM   #74
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
My 85 f1.4 focuses fairly fast on the K-1 and I have been quite happy with the portraits I've shot with it.
cool, maybe I'll go for one then. i wouldn't expect any 85 f1.4 to focus amazingly quick anyway there again I never expected the tamron 70-200 to focus so quickly, the K1 does a good job.
08-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #75
Pentaxian

but I believe the V6II does TTL but not sure if it does for Pentax.
No, the Cactus V6II does not support TTL (except TTL pass-through for an on-camera flash).

The V6II "only" supports HSS and PowerSync (aka HyperSync). However it supports it for Pentax and stays a true multi-brand trigger by allowing you to not only fire the RF60 and Pentax flashes in HSS and PowerSync mode from your Pentax camera, but all supported system-dedicated flash models for other flash systems i.e., Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus, and Fuji. This includes models from third-party manufactures like Metz. The V6II now also remotely controls the zoom settings of such supported flashes, not just their power levels.