Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Quick question to K1 users regarding flash symbol

Hi guys,
Quick question. Never noticed before but perhaps always had it on my K1.
Do you guys have Flash symbol on the main screen shown no matter even when external flash is not connected? I have it shown in any mode really and even when lens is not attached... Any way to turn it off? K3 II doesn't seems to show it...

---------- Post added 07-09-16 at 03:34 PM ----------

Example no lens or flash attach...

07-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't say that I had ever noticed it, but yes, it's there in the left side of the viewfinder. I believe this simply means that there is little ambient light and the camera recommends the use of a flash.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Attached...

---------- Post added 07-09-16 at 03:36 PM ----------

Thanks a lot
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ONEPLUS A3000  Photo 
07-09-2016, 04:26 PM   #4
Pentaxian

It does that on my K10D. The manual states

QuoteQuote:
Flash Status. Appears when flash is available and blinks when flash is recommended but not set or is being charged.
Since the K-1 has no onboard flash it only blinks when flash is recommended. A dedicated Pentax flash would send signals to the camera on charge status through the pins on the shoe.

07-09-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Good to know. Strange that K3 II which doesn't have on board flash either doesn't do it

---------- Post added 07-09-16 at 05:26 PM ----------

According to K1 manual "Flash mode symbol Indicates which flash mode is being used, when applicable." Not very helpful really if it is on all the time
07-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suppose there's a bit of an inconsistency here. The icon flashes (as intended) in the viewfinder, but remains solid on the status screen, and doesn't appear at all in live view.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yep. Totally agree.