Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #76

Photos: Albums
Well I still see overall K1 image lighter... Anyway... Pef results would reveal even more if you want to redo it in spare time..

07-20-2016, 06:24 PM   #77

Original Poster
After making my own camera profile in Lightroom:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-20-2016, 06:40 PM   #78

Photos: Albums
Oh no problem anytime...
BTW yellow tint info is related to over highlighting... Point was to show how much info available in shadows. Yep you pay in yellow tint for been over.. And WB correction also required, but I haven't touched WB slider. Check linear response and photomechanic images those are true raw representationa as as close you could be with tools.

QuoteOriginally posted by SamuelDixon Quote
That was to make the exposures even, for some reason iso 400 is more sensitive on the Canon so I had to speed the shutter up a bit.

---------- Post added 07-20-16 at 06:21 PM ----------

Thanks for checking those files out. Honestly I still like the colors of the Canon more, the K1 shots look very yellow for some reason but that might just be white balance.

I actually downloaded an Adobe DNG profile editor this afternoon and made a few of my own profiles and I think that's made a big difference. I was pretty happy with the edits I got this afternoon.

There are so many things about this camera that I really like. Now if they can just speed that autofocus up a bit and put out some modern primes (or talk sigma into putting more stuff out in K mount)...
08-04-2016, 10:40 PM   #79

Not really an answer to to your questions but I'm glad to see another DC area user on the forums!

Anyway, and this is subjective, but I think the K-1 comes out looking "cleaner" and looks like a file that is easier to play with. A fair comparison probably would be a K-1 vs Nikon's D810 or a Sony camera. This probably comes down to what you're seeing as a product of Canon's sensor at play.