Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm very satisfied. It's a joy to use. Among the many things I like, the size fits my hand well. With APS-C bodies I absolutely needed the battery grip when handling the camera with large lenses. The grip is no longer essential for me now that I have the K-1. I like the big, bright viewfinder and the fast, accurate autofocus. I also like the 3rd dial -- I can easily change the exposure compensation with just my right thumb -- I use it a lot. I also like the new location of the Playback Button. I don't have to move my left hand from supporting the lens if I want to hit the playback button. I like the greater detail and dynamic range in landscape shots. I like the ability to switch to crop mode when photographing distant objects.

08-28-2016, 02:06 AM   #32

Just came back from vacation. Tried out all combi's for Sigma 500/4.5, D-FA150-450, TC's Kenko 1.5, Pentax 1.4 AW + Kenko 2x TC all function with AF. My main interest is BIF. I had with me both the K-1 plus the K-3ii. My conclusion : For BIF I'll go on and shoot with the K-3ii (without TC) . The K-1 is a brilliant device and I wish to have this look-and-feel plus all ingredients except a further improved APSC sensor with next update on the K-3ii. For BIF in Europe (where birds are mostly with a higher distance to shoot) I definitely need a HQ FF 1.5xTC from Pentax in order to get same reach plus accurate AF. The K-1until then however will be in use for landscape, macro, portrait, street and in winter dull days also for resting birds in long distance where the Sigma 500/4.5 plus TC on tripod or layed (right angle on top of) on the spotting scope works... 😉
08-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #33
Veteran Member

If there is something satisfying there are 4 things which have made me smile:

1) Composing in some hellhole laying in nasty position underground with camera on ground level. And, then pulling off the tilt screen thingie
2) Best grip in DSLR cameras so far
3) Dampened shutter clack
4) Lights, lights and lights. Though when used with these fat D-FA zooms I get pissed off sometimes when the rear part of the lens blocks the light hitting focusing window on the lens. With my Leitax converted 28/2 zeiss the front light hits focusing scale perfectly.
08-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #34
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by retired2007 Quote
satisfied
My "Ladies" think that the K1 is just the kind of body that they wish to be mounted on.

So that's good enough for the old Kerrowdown.