Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
I'm a novice in this, but it isn't that hard at all. Shot at manual settings, F3.2, 20 sec in bulb mode, shutter released with 2 sec delay, ISO 1600, 17mm, shot with K-3 II and Sigma 17-50mm F2.8.

Not as good as others shot by people with a lot more experience, but this was on my first night out.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
08-28-2016, 12:23 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PhilRich Quote
I've been away for a while so haven't responded to comments until now. I find some of the comments confusing. My impression is that the astrotrack feature should provide a star image as a point not a "track". I've used shorter (say a minute or two) and always get the track. So I think that I'm doing something wrong.
Yes, but you can't expect it to work perfectly up to the maximum limit of 300s. It will still reduce star trails, but reasonably, I'd expect the astrotracer to deliver trail-free results up to 60-90s, depending on your focal length and the precision of your calibration.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: