Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2016, 04:49 AM   #1

Selecting focus point in liveview

With my k5 I used to use my 4 way controller to select af point in liveview. Now with the k1 when I use the 4 way controller wb just comes up. How do you select af point (AF mode already selected under menu)

09-18-2016, 04:55 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

press the little button just above it first
09-18-2016, 04:58 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
With my k5 I used to use my 4 way controller to select af point in liveview. Now with the k1 when I use the 4 way controller wb just comes up. How do you select af point (AF mode already selected under menu)
Yup, you have to press the AF point selection button first.

Note that there are two different AF point modes, so select the one you want first (SEL, Multi-point auto) via the control panel. The former is better for precise focusing, while the latter is faster.

Custom function C20 can also be used to invert the behavior of the 4-way pad so that it controls the AF points by default, and will only provide access to the sub-menus after you press the AF point selection button. I have this set, and I'm sure you'll like it too if you're used to the K-5.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2016, 05:28 AM   #4

Original Poster
Cheers guys. All sorted