Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thorough list of full frame k mount lenses?

Where online is the most thorough list of full frame k mount lenses from all manufacturers? I'm thinking of getting a Full Frame Pentax in a year or 2. Right now I have a K3. I would like to gather some full frame lenses both new and legacy glass from any manufacturer as deals show up over time.

09-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
09-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/40-homepage-official-pentax-news/314544-p...ity-guide.html

In addition to ones listed there I know the Sigma 12-24 is FF compatible along with the Sigma 150-500 and 50-500.
09-22-2016, 01:49 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
If you are talking legacy glass, there is no thorough list, as there have been literally thousands of K-mount lenses released over the years.

If you filter allphotolenses.com by K mount, you get 950 results, and the list is by no means exhaustive.
And then there are all those M42 lenses,
from ancient legacy to the modern Zeiss industrials,
which can screw their way into a (preferably OEM) K-mount adapter..

09-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks to all. The allphotolenses.com lens database link that dcshooter posted is awesome. Just what I needed.
09-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

For Pentax-brand the task is fairly easy. If one considers all the third-party lenses and all their variants and labeling, the list might be quite extensive.

Steve
09-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by digitaldaydreams Quote
Where online is the most thorough list of full frame k mount lenses from all manufacturers? I'm thinking of getting a Full Frame Pentax in a year or 2. Right now I have a K3. I would like to gather some full frame lenses both new and legacy glass from any manufacturer as deals show up over time.
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
If you are talking legacy glass, there is no thorough list, as there have been literally thousands of K-mount lenses released over the years.
The most thorough and complete list I know of is ...

PhotoPentax - For the sheer number of M42 and K mount lenses across all vendors, you really can not dismiss this site. Its current count and inventory stands at 6,081 lenses across 376 brands. Its also current to July 2014 (last update). Something happened to the site (went dark) - so, I have updated it with a link to its last capture by the wayback machine (Feb 2015).

Also, I put together a list of Pentax Lens Reference links awhile back ......

09-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's a really cool site! Missed that one somehow.
09-22-2016, 06:41 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Here's a list of all genuine lenses that are FF compatible:

Full Frame Lenses | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I put together a list of "FF lenses for the K-1 that can be bought new".

In the thread, you'll also find a link to an alternative list by beholder3 that is more inclusive (includes legacy lenses as well).