Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2016, 06:50 AM   #46

Oh the irony. When Tony Northrup's videos on the K-1 came out he was totally crapped on for his opinions on the lack of full-frame lenses and that the K-1 may be a mistake because Pentax APS-C is what they do best and is a cut above what the competition offers in APS-C. Now the loyal Pentaxians are saying more or less the same things in this thread

11-03-2016, 07:24 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rbelyell Quote
i think what hes saying is pretty simple to grasp, and i have made the same observation: there are many who post here frequently who brook no criticism of pentax. period. and they express that not in well thought out reasoning--which is fine--but in thinly veiled--and often not so thinly veiled--ad hominim attacks on the poster and/or ridiculous characterizations of the original criticisms/observations. even a cursory review of this thread amply demonstrates that point. in this respect, unfortunately, this forum does not distinguish itself from most other forums, where users conflate their gear with their ego, or their family, to be defended to the death. i think if we stick to reasoned debate, there would be no issue at all.
I suppose. My personal experience is that if someone shows up and asks about "x" camera system, people honestly try to give the strengths and weaknesses of it. There will always be someone who, say, had a really bad experience with a Sony camera back in 2010 and wouldn't buy another one if it was the last camera on earth, but more often than not people will try to be helpful.

If you post a thread "Goodbye cruel Pentax world, I'm going to Jump" then you are going to bring out a lot more vitriol. The same if you post a thread about how your D600 wipes up the floor with your old K10 camera.

It isn't that there aren't reasons to switch to Nikon or Canon or Sony. There are plenty of reasons, but some folks delight in rubbing the Pentax Forum's collective nose in their delight in switching.
11-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
Obviously on both accounts (Pentax has flaws and Ricoh is working on more FF lenses). But my claim wasn't ever that APS-C didn't have it's value (where did you get that from me?). I should know as I'm currently using an APS-C system.
QuoteQuote:
It is interesting how you've gone into defensive mode over the brand, as a result of a minor amount of negativity towards the brand. It again furthers my point.. since I wasn't bashing the brand.
What is really interesting to me is your lack of self awareness, you both bash the brand, and insult everyone who is more positive than yourself. You really ought to listen more to other people, is that not what you're here for? When the most knowledgeable people on th forum are telling you that your portrayal of the brand is too negative, you might want to listen to that.

QuoteQuote:
However, I also know the dangers of coveting them.
Pray tell, what might those be, these terrible dangers?

QuoteQuote:
Brand fanboys don't see that and want to cultivate an environment where everything is rosy and fine.
Exactly who would we be talking about here? Can give us a few quotes so we have have some idea what kind of person e are talking about. This is a statement that is so vague it could be a personal attack on anyone who says even one nice thing about their Pentax camera.

QuoteQuote:
Instead of either accepting or dismissing the claims, people miss the points and attack the point maker as a result of them sensing a disturbance in the force.
And this is where you really fall apart. It's an open forum, you claim people are missing the point and attack the point maker. The unnamed person on the other side of this myopic argument thinks you are missing the point. You declare yourself the "truth" and the other "missing the point". That doesn't make it true.

IN the time I have been communicating with you, I find you to be a very accomplished point misser. And from my perspective you are adept at turnings peoples word to intentionally miss the point. SO are you talking about yourself? As it is so often the case, you attribute to "others" what you are doing yourself and then point your finger a them.

When I play on my baseball team, we try to win games. We make use of the skills we have the best way we can. No one takes a lot of time to break down the the strengths and weaknesses of others on the team. We are what we are, we aren't going to improve, we just want the best day to day we can get.. That's not about thinking we are all super stars. That's about not allowing negativity to affect our play in the field. We want every one to go out and do the best they can with what they've got. Negativity doesn't make you better. Practice does make you better. Practicing better technique makes you better.

QuoteQuote:
i think what hes saying is pretty simple to grasp, and i have made the same observation: there are many who post here frequently who brook no criticism of pentax. period.
Quote some of them. You guys are making this stuff up.

What there is here are quite a few people who use Pentax cameras for everything or anything, and quite a few people who fancy themselves as some kind of judge and jury, who post pretty much ridiculouis nonsense that reveals nothing but their ignorance of photography and their ignorance of the brand. When someone takes time out of their day to correct the nonsense they post, they take it as a personal attack.

You seem to have no idea what other people feel, when you come here with starkly negative opinions, that contradict our experience. What are we supposed to say? You're so sure you speak the truth no one can say anything to you. Why else would you be constantly complaining about personal attacks and fanboys, which are really just negative characterizations of other forum members.

For example, complaining about Pentax services is a great example. The turn around on my DA*60-250 was 10 days after I dropped it. I thought they meant 10 business days. The meant, 10 days period. Now here is the problem with forum negativity.

I went out and bought a replacement lens, because after reading all the horror stories on the forum, I figure all "it will be months." My lens was returned to me repaired and cleaned 2 days after my new lens arrived. So in my opinion, all the negativity around Pentax repair put me in a frame of mind I ended up spending $1000 I didn't need to spend. Canon didn't do this, Nikon didn't do this, negative Pentax forum users did this. SO don't go pretending there are no negative consequences to your idiotic pronouncements. Though apparently you only know the dangers of being too positive, even though you can't express a single instance of what they might be. If I had never listened to all the whining babies on the forum, I would have had a much more balanced grasp of the truth. It's kind of embarrassing that I let myself get sucked in by the negativity, but it happened. And i should have known better, because I've had nothing but great service over 40 years of dealing with Pentax.

My repaired lens sat in the post office for 2 days because I wasn't looking for it yet. So based on my experience, I have every right to take exception to your ridiculous statements about Pentax service. Simple fact is, your attitudes do not reflect my experience. We have now had three issues with camera and all were dealt with quickly and efficiently. So others go on about their bad experience, if I explain my experience idiots like yourself call me a fanboy. The fact is, you're just and extremely negative person who will ignore the positive, dwell on the negative and call anyone more positive than yourself fanboys, as if that's some kind of meaningful defence of your behaviour.

You ridicule anyone who doesn't share your opinion. You are exactly what you claim to be against.

That isn't the "truth" that's bunch of chicken littles running around saying the sky is falling, which to Chicken Little was the truth. Just like your "truth". The fact that your truth isn't everybody;s truth doesn't make you some genius and everyone else fan boys.

Get your heads out of your arses and stop calling other forum members names fanboys or whatever. That's what is offensive.

Last edited by normhead; 11-03-2016 at 08:16 AM.
11-03-2016, 07:54 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
quote some of them. You guys are making this stuff up.
+1000

11-03-2016, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
1. Tough Construction. Yep
2. Lens selection - just a joke looking at full frame
3. Light weight lenses - hm, D-FA 70-200 is uniquely heavy in its class
4. Color variations - BS
5. Shake reduction - Yep

Sorry Pentax, you brought up theses five arguments. Two of them are correct, three are hillariously funny. Why not work on no 2 and 3 and forget abut 4.
This is a ridiculous thread. The OP is complaining about this ad - http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/whypentax/ - in a fullframe forum. Fullframe didn't come about till 2016, and the eagle eyed amongst us will have noticed that this is an APSC ad from Spring 2013, so that's when it counts. Not Winter 2016!

It's an ad for oranges being complained about in an apples forum.

Pointless.

Last edited by Nass; 11-03-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Closed Thread