Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 156
Lightroom 6: "Preview Unavailable for this File"

Apologies if this question has already been addressed on the forum.

I recently purchased a K1, and tried to import my first pictures into Lightroom 5.7.

I received the message that the preview is unavailable... "The files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom"

I did a forum search and found that I needed to upgrade to Lightroom 6, which I just did. I upgraded, downloaded, and am using Lightroom 6. However, I'm still getting the same message above.

Also, under Lens Corrections, it's not recognizing any profiles. I'm shooting the K1 + FA77

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

11-06-2016, 03:17 PM   #2
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 7
Lightroom 5.7 opens my K1 raw files. I use DNG format. Are you using PEF?
11-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
screwdriver222's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Plymouth
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 139
I had no problems with LR5.7 opening files. I recently changed to LR6 just to get the lens ID and profiles for for the new DFAs

Jeff

---------- Post added 11-06-16 at 10:43 PM ----------

Just a quick thought. Are you shooting in Raw. I just had a problem with my last batch of photos where LR showed no Pentax lens profiles were available. After a couple hours including re-installing LR, I checked the camera and it was set to JPEG and that was why.

Jeff
11-06-2016, 06:47 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 37,329
QuoteOriginally posted by Antifreez Quote
Would appreciate any help. Thanks
You might want to re-import the files.


Steve

11-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 156
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by red_potatoes Quote
Lightroom 5.7 opens my K1 raw files. I use DNG format. Are you using PEF?
The first round of photos I took was with PEF files. Once I realized I couldn't open them in Lightroom 5.7, I started shooting in DNG. However, even after upgrading to Lightroom 6, I'm not able to view the PEF files.

QuoteOriginally posted by screwdriver222 Quote

[/COLOR]Just a quick thought. Are you shooting in Raw. I just had a problem with my last batch of photos where LR showed no Pentax lens profiles were available. After a couple hours including re-installing LR, I checked the camera and it was set to JPEG and that was why.

Jeff
Ah, thanks. I had converted those PEF files to JPEG to view them in Lightroom. That's why the profile info wasn't coming up. I just checked on the DNG files and I'm seeing the profiles.

Any other ideas as to why I can't view the PEF files in Lightroom 6 would be great. I'll plan to call Adobe/Lightroom for support when I get a chance.
11-06-2016, 09:48 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
RollsUp's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: AK USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,765
QuoteOriginally posted by Antifreez Quote
Any other ideas as to why I can't view the PEF files in Lightroom 6 would be great. I'll plan to call Adobe/Lightroom for support when I get a chance.
Do you have latest version of LR6 installed?
11-06-2016, 09:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,743
QuoteOriginally posted by Antifreez Quote
Any other ideas as to why I can't view the PEF files in Lightroom 6 would be great. I'll plan to call Adobe/Lightroom for support when I get a chance.
Does LR6 continue to get camera raw profile updates? I though only LR CC was getting those updates now?
11-06-2016, 09:59 PM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 156
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RollsUp Quote
Do you have latest version of LR6 installed?
That's a good question. I just paid for the upgrade to LR6 today. I uploaded the software and assumed I would now have the latest version, which I believe is 6.7? Can you tell me how to confirm that?

11-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,743
QuoteOriginally posted by Antifreez Quote
That's a good question. I just paid for the upgrade to LR6 today. I uploaded the software and assumed I would now have the latest version, which I believe is 6.7? Can you tell me how to confirm that?
That's the latest version, CC notwithstanding.
11-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #10
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 156
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Does LR6 continue to get camera raw profile updates? I though only LR CC was getting those updates now?
I decided to get the LR6 software rather than do the CC membership. I knew with that choice that I wouldn't get the periodic updates, but it was my understanding that LR6 would be able to read the K1 PEF raw files.
11-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,743
QuoteOriginally posted by Antifreez Quote
I decided to get the LR6 software rather than do the CC membership. I knew with that choice that I wouldn't get the periodic updates, but it was my understanding that LR6 would be able to read the K1 PEF raw files.
Ah, you're right. Support for the K-1 was added in 6.5.1. Even D FA lenses are supported through 6.7 with lens corrections, FYI.
11-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #12
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 156
Original Poster
I've discovered another strange issue as I've started using LR6 with my K1 DNG files.

After importing, I click on an image to Develop. I can see the image as it's buffering, and then once it has completed buffering, it then suddenly loses a significant amount of color. Any ideas as to what is causing this?
11-07-2016, 12:18 AM   #13
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,913
QuoteOriginally posted by Antifreez Quote
Any ideas as to what is causing this?
Sounds like a graphics card or GPU issue. Does the problem go away if you turn off using the graphics processor, and then re-start LR:

Menu > Edit > Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw: Use Graphics Processor - On|Off

And it might be a good time to check if your [Nvidia/ATI/Intel etc] graphics card is using the latest drivers too.
11-07-2016, 12:47 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
RollsUp's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: AK USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,765
QuoteOriginally posted by Antifreez Quote
That's a good question. I just paid for the upgrade to LR6 today. I uploaded the software and assumed I would now have the latest version, which I believe is 6.7? Can you tell me how to confirm that?
Lightroom Help menu > System Info... will show which version LR you have.
QuoteOriginally posted by Antifreez Quote
I've discovered another strange issue as I've started using LR6 with my K1 DNG files.

After importing, I click on an image to Develop. I can see the image as it's buffering, and then once it has completed buffering, it then suddenly loses a significant amount of color. Any ideas as to what is causing this?
See here for an explanation.
11-07-2016, 01:42 AM   #15
Senior Member
screwdriver222's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Plymouth
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 139
LR 6 when downloaded is version 6.0 all you have to do is update it, click on "help" then "update".

Jeff
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24x36mm, forum, full-frame, jeff, k1, lens, lightroom, lr, message, pentax, profiles
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
over-"exposure" of LCD preview Sluggo Pentax K-01 12 09-03-2016 02:51 PM
How to batch move photos in lightroom from folder "old" to "new"? raider Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 4 07-24-2016 07:54 AM
Program K-50 Green Button for Preview "Test Shot"? Uncle Jaque Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 04-06-2016 10:55 AM
Adobe Lightroom "There is a problem with the video file" Belcik Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 2 07-27-2015 09:23 AM
File this one under "unclear on the concept" gabriel_bc Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 04-14-2011 08:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top