Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
One of the reasons I frequently manually focus is because all AF has some delay. I can live with my own slowness; I donʻt want the technology to slow me down. "Hesitant" is very subjective and implies the delay was unacceptably noticeable and long.
MY solution to that is to AF then shoot a burst until the subject moves, then re-aquire. There is no AF that focuses slower than I do. I have shutter priority selected, not focus priority. It's pretty amazon how this keeps me n the game with gus shooting even 12 FPS cameras. There's not actually much besides pro=sports that requires tracking and continuous focus.

11-13-2016, 06:34 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DavidSKAF3 Quote
Hello,

Is there any substance to DPReview's statement in its review of the K-1 which concludes that it suffers from, "Hesitant Single-AF acquisition"?

I do a bit of train and plane "action" photography. I can compromise as far as C-AF performance goes, but the suggestion of single-shot AF hesitation concerns me. Is it true?

If so, then maybe the K-3 is still the best Pentax DSLR for me!

And if not, which Pentax DSLR would you now say provides the fastest and most accurate AF performance?

Thanks.
Very lens dependent, but I have not issue with single AF. Is it as fast as some? No, but its more than fast enough for 95% of the professional work out there. It only really struggles with AF-C and trying to track the subject using all 33 AF points. Using center or 9 point it is very quick with the right glass.