Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Carl Zeiss Distagon 25/2.8

Looking for some advice and information. I am interested in adding the Carl Zeiss Distagon 25mm 2.8 to my K1 lenses with the use of the Leitax adapter. I see this lens is available as a Contax MM mount lens, Nikon ZF, and NikonZF2. Is there an advantage of any one of these over the other? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by Ray Cox; 01-15-2017 at 11:31 AM.
01-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Perhaps the ZF2 mount would give you more of an audience to sell to if/when the time comes. I have the Biogon 25/2.8 in a ZM mount.
01-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Perhaps the ZF2 mount would give you more of an audience to sell to if/when the time comes. I have the Biogon 25/2.8 in a ZM mount.
Thanks tuco,

Just found the lens club on the forum! Should have looked further.
01-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ray Cox Quote
Looking for some advice and information. I am interested in adding the Carl Zeiss Distagon 25mm 2.8 to my K1 lenses with the use of the Leitax adapter. I see this lens is available as a Contax MM mount lens, Nikon ZF, and NikonZF2. Is there an advantage of any one of these over the other? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
This is an awesome lens. I had one in rollei mount many moons ago, until it fell out of my bag and I lost it.

01-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why not just buy a ZK lens and avoid the fuss of an adapter? And you get the full functionality of an A lens. I bought a Zeiss 25/2.8 off eBay a couple years ago and, although listed as used, it seemed absolutely new: complete with original caps & paperwork, not a speck of dust, no fingerprints.. I suspect that many of the Zeiss ZK lenses on eBay (usually from Japan) will be the same. Great lens.

Last edited by erichope; 01-14-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Clarification
01-13-2017, 11:19 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you need exactly Zeiss 25mm. There is Zeiss 28 mm 2.0 on sale here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/337517-sal...-fa-macro.html
Did you see it?
01-14-2017, 06:32 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Tuco, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 lenses are chipped . If you uses ist on a Pentax dSLR (K1?) you have to change the mount (Leitax) I donīt believe that would be better to handle than a unchipped lens - and i donīt know if there are Leitax mounts for ZF.2 lenses. Second in Zeiss nomenclature a "Biogon" (ZM for Leica M) is a real wide angel lens, a "Distagon" always a lens in retro wide angle design- you canīt really compare this two construction principles.

01-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #8

Ray, the Carl Zeiss Distagon 25/2.8 for Contax/Yashica is an "older" construction (late 70ies ). The construction was also used with the Distagon 25/2.8 for ZF/ZE/ZK The recent ZF/ZE Distagon 25/2.0 is more modern (11 lenses 10 groups, aspherical lens, special glases (higher dispersion), FLE (floating lens elements) design. The Contax C/Y MM you can modify with an Leitax mount for the K1 . At the ZF/ZE it isnīt possible (as far as I know). An maybe alternative ist the ZS (M42) mount (industrial lens) and a K-adaptor Please write to your local Carl Zeiss centre that you want this Distagon 25/2.0 in PK mount They will answer you only blabla, but hope dies last ...
01-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by veraikon Quote
Ray, the Carl Zeiss Distagon 25/2.8 for Contax/Yashica is an "older" construction (late 70ies ). The construction was also used with the Distagon 25/2.8 for ZF/ZE/ZK The recent ZF/ZE Distagon 25/2.0 is more modern (11 lenses 10 groups, aspherical lens, special glases (higher dispersion), FLE (floating lens elements) design. The Contax C/Y MM you can modify with an Leitax mount for the K1 . At the ZF/ZE it isnīt possible (as far as I know). An maybe alternative ist the ZS (M42) mount (industrial lens) and a K-adaptor Please write to your local Carl Zeiss centre that you want this Distagon 25/2.0 in PK mount They will answer you only blabla, but hope dies last ...
veraikon, thanks for the reply and information. After contacting David @ Leitax, I decided to get the ZF version of the 25/2.8 lens. The lens and adapter are " in the mail ". There is available a Distagon 25/2.8 ZK available on Ebay @ $920. While I realize that it would be a direct fit, I will have half of that invested. I am currently testing the Contax Vario-Sonnar 35-70 lens with a Leitax mount. Hope to be able to post results here from both lenses soon, likely in the lens club section. Yes, it would be great to have direct fit lenses, hopefully Pentax will fill the void. In the mean time we will use what is available with this great tool ( K1 ). K5, K3, K1, 645D, and 645Z. All that and I will grab the K1 first Go figure! Thanks again for the reply

Ray
01-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #10

veraikon, thanks for the reply and information. After contacting David @ Leitax, I decided to get the ZF version of the 25/2.8 lens. The lens and adapter are " in the mail ". There is available a Distagon 25/2.8 ZK available on Ebay @ $920. While I realize that it would be a direct fit, I will have half of that invested. I am currently testing the Contax Vario-Sonnar 35-70 lens with a Leitax mount. Hope to be able to post results here from both lenses soon, likely in the lens club section. Yes, it would be great to have direct fit lenses, hopefully Pentax will fill the void. In the mean time we will use what is available with this great tool ( K1 ). K5, K3, K1, 645D, and 645Z. All that and I will grab the K1 first Go figure! Thanks again for the reply

Ray
thanks Ray for the informatiion that there are Leitax mounts ZF -> PK - I didnīt know that. Never the less the 25./2.0 (the modern type with aspherical lens, FLE and "Sonderglas" ) would be imho the better choice. ,)
QuoteQuote:
... As a German website we'd love to report that we've seen another great Zeiss lens (home, sweet home after all) but at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding (or maybe in the "Kraut" here) and it just doesn't taste all that good. The Zeiss Distagon T* 25mm f/2.8 ZF performed pretty good in our Nikon APS-C review but it didn't impress during our full format lab tests.
Zeiss Distagon T* 25mm f/2.8 ZF (FX) - Review / Test Report But as I know the Zeiss Distagon 25/2.8 focuses from 0.17m , you can use it like a macro lens - the Distagon 25/2.0 not (0.25m)