Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2017, 06:03 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Senior Member
antipattern's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Berlin, Germany
Photos: Albums
Posts: 223
Pentax K1 review in German

For those who speak German, there is a really nice review on the Pentax K1. I know, there have been many K1 reviews and this one isn't always factually accurate, but I think it is still an interesting review. In fact, it's one of the few that I actually enjoyed watching because it didn't bore me too much with technical details that I can read up elsewhere.

In the interview, the reviewer was pondering whether to get the K1 for himself. Spoiler alert, in a follow up article he notes that he eventually buys the K1 with a FA43, the FA77, and a Meyer/Pentacon 135/2.8.

The article and the video review also have some really nice photos.


Pentax K1 Review Talk - YouTube

02-23-2017, 06:05 AM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,393
Wow! Big German guys make the camera look small.
02-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
bobbotron's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,786
Wish I spoke German, looks like a fun review!
02-23-2017, 11:30 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
volley's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springe
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,164
Yes, quite funny.
My favourite quote:
"The K1 makes photography complicated ... "
why?
"Too many shots turn out great and I didn't have a chance to erase many shots right away!"

02-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Alabama
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 427
go to the link :Odin und die Pentax | Neunzehn72 - Fotografie
and use google translate. Its a crude translation at times but gives a sense of what the guys was talking about, and also lots of nice pictures.
02-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,026
QuoteOriginally posted by antipattern Quote
Pentax K1 review in German For those who speak German, there is a really nice review on the Pentax K1. I know, there have been many K1 reviews and this one isn't always factually accurate, but I think it is still an interesting review. In fact, it's one of the few that I actually enjoyed watching because it didn't bore me too much with technical details that I can read up elsewhere. In the interview, the reviewer was pondering whether to get the K1 for himself. Spoiler alert, in a follow up article he notes that he eventually buys the K1 with a FA43, the FA77, and a Meyer/Pentacon 135/2.8. The article and the video review also have some really nice photos. Pentax K1 Review Talk - YouTube
Yep, I've seen that one video. Very good.
02-23-2017, 05:11 PM   #7
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
sbh's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Black Forest, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 755
His bottom line is that he gets a lot more keepers due to the good autofocus, low light performance and image quality compared to his old dog 5D2.
He also didn't have to fiddle around with the hardware and software as much and liked the ease of use.
But he wasn't happy about the non-existing current standard lenses 35/50/85/135mm because he is a prime shooter.

Last edited by sbh; 02-25-2017 at 12:55 AM.
02-23-2017, 06:03 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Eagle94VT's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 289
Hat mir gut gefallen!

08-21-2017, 03:41 PM   #9
Pentaxian
angerdan's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,555
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Wish I spoke German, looks like a fun review!
You can let google translate the youtube video subtitles in real time.
08-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 14,443
QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
His bottom line is that he gets a lot more keepers due to the good autofocus, low light performance and image quality compared to his old dog 5D2.
He also didn't have to fiddle around with the hardware and software as much and liked the ease of use.
But he wasn't happy about the non-existing current standard lenses 35/50/85/135mm because he is a prime shooter.
Just wait until you show him the FA31, DA*55, FA77 and Samyang 135mm f2!
08-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Posts: 1,232
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Just wait until you show him the FA31, DA*55, FA77 and Samyang 135mm f2!
He was using solemny the FA77 and was quite happy with its performance.

He tried, but did not like the zoom (generally doesn't like zooms), with this the unit was too front heavy. If he would ever buy a K-1, it would be only with the battery grip, because in his very big hands even the K-1 felt tiny.
08-22-2017, 03:17 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 14,443
QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
.

He tried, but did not like the zoom (generally doesn't like zooms), with this the unit was too front heavy.
Does he not understand photography, RKK?

I've used Canons and Nikons, they're all front heavy with their 70-200.

You do not hold a DSLR by the body.

You hold the lens from underneath with the left hand ... that is correct technique.

So a grip is not for holding in the normal position, it is to allow you to rotate the camera into portrait mode and have an extra set of buttons to permit shooting easily.

Last edited by clackers; 08-22-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24x36mm, article, full-frame, k1, pentax, pentax k1 review, review
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Luminous Landscape Pentax K1 review Jake21209 Pentax DSLR Discussion 12 10-24-2016 11:56 PM
German K-1/15-30 review by a converted Canon user with amazing photos Roadrunnerdeluxe Pentax K-1 6 07-11-2016 02:55 AM
Bali Reverie - A Pentax K1 real World review pinholecam Pentax K-1 10 06-23-2016 09:45 PM
In depth review - K1 ESSERRE Pentax K-1 11 05-12-2016 03:38 AM
German DA 18-135mm Review macTak Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 01-04-2011 05:33 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top