Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5
FF For Pentax K1. I Found 121 Options And Counting!

A little while ago I had a bit of a dilemma trying to decide which full frame lens I should go for. I was new to Pentax and didn't know what FF lenses are on the market. So, as I researched the options - I put them all on a personal list. Lenses ranging from new to the second hand. Recently I decided to publish that list on my blog.


Last edited by pjv; 05-24-2017 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Personal link removed
05-24-2017, 11:26 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,429
There are way more: over 200 first party k-mount lenses alone, not counting m42. Check the DBs

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-25-2017, 04:45 AM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 285
Since the link was removed is there any way we can see this list. I would find it useful.
05-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,183
Cool! Good to hear there are blogs about Pentax stuff

You also have the following resources:
DA lenses on Full Frame: Test Shots thread - PentaxForums.com

Here you can select to search for FF Pentax lenses:
Pentax Lens Search | PentaxForums.com

Here is a list for the newer stuff. The list might be outdated by now, but there are additions throughout the thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/314559-ff-lenses-k-1-can-bought-new.html

All non-DA K-mount Pentax lenses are full frame. DFA, FA, F, A, M and older series. Some DA lenses are FF, but not all. There are also a lot of third party lenses, like the Samyang, Sigma, and Tamron lenses. K-mount used to be really popular in the film SLR era, so there are a lot of older lenses that are FF compatible

05-25-2017, 08:36 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,292
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
Since the link was removed is there any way we can see this list. I would find it useful.
I believe the OP's blog post is over here, but I don't think it provides any more info that you can find right here on PF...
05-25-2017, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian
Fenwoodian's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,561
You can add all Zeiss ZF Classic and Milvus lenses to your list too. They are convertible to K mount using a high quality Leitax adapter.
05-25-2017, 05:39 PM   #7
New Member




Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
Since the link was removed is there any way we can see this list. I would find it useful.
Hi, I know... Its a shame that the moderators won't let me add any links just yet as I am a new user. If you search for my name on facebook my page should pop up and you will be able to see a link on the timeline. My name is Roman Spilcak...
05-25-2017, 05:43 PM   #8
New Member




Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There are way more: over 200 first party k-mount lenses alone, not counting m42. Check the DBs
Thanks for that but I'm only counting the Full frame lenses not just K mount.

05-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,429
QuoteOriginally posted by romanspilcak Quote
Hi, I know... Its a shame that the moderators won't let me add any links just yet as I am a new user. If you search for my name on facebook my page should pop up and you will be able to see a link on the timeline. My name is Roman Spilcak...
The concern is that all the lenses have commercial links, beyond the fact that you're a new user. We try to be as fair as possible, but the line's gotta be drawn somewhere.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #10
New Member




Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
I believe the OP's blog post is over here, but I don't think it provides any more info that you can find right here on PF...
Thanks For the List. I've forgotten to include the A Lenses. My list offers a wide range of the third party toys.

---------- Post added 05-25-17 at 05:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The concern is that all the lenses have commercial links, beyond the fact that you're a new user. We try to be as fair as possible, but the line's gotta be drawn somewhere.
I see... It's not a problem. I just thought It would be helpful for the reader to see what lenses are available brand new. I am only affiliated with Amazon but many the links in that post lead to the manufacturer's sites or other retailers.

---------- Post added 05-25-17 at 06:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Cool! Good to hear there are blogs about Pentax stuff

You also have the following resources:
DA lenses on Full Frame: Test Shots thread - PentaxForums.com

Here you can select to search for FF Pentax lenses:
Pentax Lens Search | PentaxForums.com

Here is a list for the newer stuff. The list might be outdated by now, but there are additions throughout the thread:
FF lenses for the K-1 that can be bought new - PentaxForums.com

All non-DA K-mount Pentax lenses are full frame. DFA, FA, F, A, M and older series. Some DA lenses are FF, but not all. There are also a lot of third party lenses, like the Samyang, Sigma, and Tamron lenses. K-mount used to be really popular in the film SLR era, so there are a lot of older lenses that are FF compatible
Hi. Thanks for your info. I have been receiving many requests to add the DA lenses to the list. Lenses with an image circle that fits full frame that is... but I felt reluctant as I am not sure if the performance is good. do you know how these particular lenses perform with full frame? in terms of vignetting, distortion, sharpness etc...
I did include many third party lens manufacturers such as Voigtlander, Laowa, Samyang, Tamron, Zeiss, Kerlee, etc.

---------- Post added 05-25-17 at 06:03 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
You can add all Zeiss ZF Classic and Milvus lenses to your list too. They are convertible to K mount using a high quality Leitax adapter.
HI. Yes I had somebody tell me about this on Reddit. I may add a paragraph about this as it could be very interesting. Thank you
05-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,429
QuoteOriginally posted by romanspilcak Quote
Hi. Thanks for your info. I have been receiving many requests to add the DA lenses to the list. Lenses with an image circle that fits full frame that is... but I felt reluctant as I am not sure if the performance is good. do you know how these particular lenses perform with full frame? in terms of vignetting, distortion, sharpness etc... I did include many third party lens manufacturers such as Voigtlander, Laowa, Samyang, Tamron, Zeiss, Kerlee, etc.
We're about to post a homepage review with this info. There's also a forum thread with this info, as tested by users. Going to go ahead and close this for now.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24x36mm, blog post, da, ff, frame, frame lenses, full frame, full frame lens, full-frame, k1, lens, lenses, lenses for pentax, links, list, new lens day, new lenses, options, party, pentax, pentax k 1, pm, post
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Expired Contest Poll VOTE NOW - Photo Contest #121 Poll (Repeating Patterns - September 2016) Ole Monthly Photo Contests 64 10-24-2016 12:23 PM
Expired Theme Contest #121 - September, 2016 (Repeating Patterns) Ole Monthly Photo Contests 8 09-12-2016 10:45 PM
I know , I know, counting likes is bogus but..... the K-1 is doing well. normhead Pentax DSLR Discussion 27 08-06-2016 05:31 PM
Cityscape It's a record 70" and counting .... zman Post Your Photos! 11 11-20-2014 06:39 AM
The Life of a K100D Super - 117.706 SC -and counting! minahasa Pentax DSLR Discussion 23 10-05-2013 12:16 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top