Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If your flashes are manual, each time you shift location quickly do several test shots before asking the subjects to pose - you need to chimp to get the flash/ambient levels right.

After that, as long as you don't change the shooting distance, your pictures will be nicely consistent, and not thrown by background reflections the way P-TTL can be.

07-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #17

If it is ok with your clients, can you please share some shots from the wedding for us to see the image quality !!!
07-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by amitpatel Quote
If it is ok with your clients, can you please share some shots from the wedding for us to see the image quality !!!
who??
07-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A trick from my film days that worked great for taking photos in near darkness was to pre-focus my 50mm to a distance of 3m and stop down to f/11. According to the depth of field scale on the lens everything from 2m to 5m would be in focus. A powerful flash is needed to make this work but my AF400T was up to the job. There was just enough margin so that TTL (off the film) metering worked. Not sure about how well this would translate to APS-C crop frame. Some DOF calculations needed.