Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #46

Is there any good comparison sites for K1? Or what are the best aspects of K1 compared to others?
I have been also itching to buy one but I'm not sure... Previously I have had K200D and K-5 II and kit lenses so I could go to any other brand.

08-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Valojuova Quote
Is there any good comparison sites for K1? Or what are the best aspects of K1 compared to others?
I have been also itching to buy one but I'm not sure... Previously I have had K200D and K-5 II and kit lenses so I could go to any other brand.
Well it really depends on what is really your interest, mirrorless(A-7 all series, or A-9) top models really expensive. Also you propably won't want to try them with 'kit' lenses. Except those A-7 r,s,mk II models)

there are many places to dig out difference. you can also go for difference between canikon and sony.

here is one compared between DSLR : Pentax K-1II is the second on PhotographyLife - PentaxForums.com
There is mkII of K-1.

I can say that you can have great shots with K-1, even with cheapo lenses. But it does get really nice with premium stuff like DFA* lenses. I have DFA*70-200. Also DFA 15-30 is great. I have also got great results with vintage lenses, but they have their own charasteristic thingys. You could use your kitlens from 24 mm up(18-55), but yea, not the best solution
08-22-2018, 02:11 PM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I can say that you can have great shots with K-1, even with cheapo lenses. But it does get really nice with premium stuff like DFA* lenses. I have DFA*70-200. Also DFA 15-30 is great. I have also got great results with vintage lenses, but they have their own charasteristic thingys. You could use your kitlens from 24 mm up(18-55), but yea, not the best solution
If I buy a full frame then I wont cheap out on the lenses. I'm little disappointed with the current lens quality on K-5 but is't cheap kit. The old cheap Tamron is a compromise also ... maybe I'm too much perfectionist P: but you need to buy what you can afford.

It seems there is not huge difference between the full frames. Little things that make each a little unique. Most interesting feature might be the in build star tracking. The down side of the K1 is that there is not many retailers in my country so not getting any good deals, mostly the suggested retail price
08-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Valojuova Quote
If I buy a full frame then I wont cheap out on the lenses. I'm little disappointed with the current lens quality on K-5 but is't cheap kit. The old cheap Tamron is a compromise also ... maybe I'm too much perfectionist P: but you need to buy what you can afford.

It seems there is not huge difference between the full frames. Little things that make each a little unique. Most interesting feature might be the in build star tracking. The down side of the K1 is that there is not many retailers in my country so not getting any good deals, mostly the suggested retail price
I know all about that. Since I live in same country. I’v bought most of my stuff used, so keep on eye that market place also I’v bought things as new, but only when I really want something, now! There are great legasy lenses at marketplace aswell as new ones. Not to forget DA 35,50 and then 28-105 to get you started, perhaps irix 15(thinking of putting that astrotracer in use). Ja ei kun kuvaamaan.

08-23-2018, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I know all about that. Since I live in same country.
Good to hear that I'm not the only one
I bought my K-5 from Netherlands it was a bit cheaper but so much.
I'll need to keep an eye out for the market section, thanks for the info.
Ja eiku räpsimään
08-23-2018, 07:14 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Juurikin näin