Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #1

need some information about pentax 100 or 1000

I no very little about cameras as you will clearly see with my question. buried in storage I have a Penatx 100 or 1000 camera. While in the military I had purchased numerous types of extra lenses .

is there any chance those same lenses would be compatible with modern digital cameras ? I do have a good eye for taking pictures just no technical knowledge..

if lenses are compatible with modern camera what models would be a good starter . on a pension so price is very important

if in the wrong forum - sorry
thanx

09-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, old Pentax lenses will work with modern cameras. I would recommend the K-S2 as a solid starter body. Right now it even comes with a free kit lens-
Labor Day Special - K-S2 with free 18-50mm lens! - PentaxForums.com

If you want to go second-hand, then a K-5 or K-5 II would be my recommendation if you're on a budget ($250-350 ish used). Durable and delivers good performance. More info on all these cameras can be found here.

You should be able to match your camera by name to one of the ones listed in these database pages:

Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Pentax Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
Pentax M42 Screwmount Film SLRs - Pentax Pentax Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

It's likely a K1000.

As for lenses, those would be listed here:
Legacy Full Frame Lenses (M, K, Non-SMC) with Manual Focus | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: