Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #1

PENTAX new glass-old glass - lens tubes designed like old glass? corporate identity?

Question is, where will the corporate identity of PENTAX lenses and cameras go in the future?

Will or should new FF-cameras and lenses still look like K-30 or K-S2???
or should they orientate towards the K-1 design..

Thing is: the only zoom-lens that optically fits to the K-1 like a charm and works like a charm, is actually a Crop-lens.
HD PENTAX-DA 20-40 mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR

so i say: Bring back TAKUMAR-Style to the brand that it belongs to!
Dont leave that to Voigtländer!!!

Looking at the market of today, I am pretty sure that DESIGN is something that is essential to sell something to your customers...
and looking at all those new full frame lenses that came up; f.i. the "DFA 24-70 2.8...",
I have to say:
They still look a bit like the first DA kit zooms... I liked the design at that time, but when i look at the K-1 i would rather like to see lenses that are designed
like:

HD PENTAX-DA 20-40 mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
SMC Pentax 28-50mm F3.5-4.5

I would also love to see the new prime lenses arrive in style and look like one of those for instance:
DFA Macro 100mm 2.8 WR (Pentax)
Zeiss Loxia Series

or
back to the roots and orientate on the old TAKUMAR prime lens design.
Takumar 83mm F1.9,
Takumar 100mm F:2,

or even a mere
SMC Takumar 35mm F:2
is a perfect example what our new lenses(lens-tubes) could look like...

There definitely is a trend arising we should hook up onto and if one would see such TAKUMAR designed - lenses from PENTAX,
most people would celebrate the new lenses just because of their design alone,
even more so if we would name them TAKUMAR again.

Anybody who wants to post pictures where some oldschool lens is mounted on his/her beloved PENTAX K-1 body, feel free to do so.
Thank you in advance.

09-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Limited series is the perfect place for Pentax to experiment with nice designs. Hope they add some modern FF designs in the future!

That said the F2.8 zoom lenses cater to a different crowd, so their bulkiness makes sense too.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For the mirrorless world, Meike makes a 35mm lens that is the spitting image of an all metal Takumar. It is rather popular.
09-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That said the F2.8 zoom lenses cater to a different crowd, so their bulkiness makes sense too.
nonetheless, they could also look more takumarish.
And I was not about the size... just the look ... (Its totally clear why those lenses got to have such a big diameter)