Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
12-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
it is not very pragmatic to start talking about 35mm film. You smarty-pants remark only serves confusion.
You started talking about a lens (Pentax-M 20mm F4) which was designed for 35mm film. In that, its original design function, it was an ultra-wide lens, and I can show you Pentax catalogues in which it is described as such; can you show me a Pentax catalogue which describes it as "moderately wide"? Of course you can use it on an APS-C body when it then acts moderately wide, but that is not its native use. I'm baffled as to what you see as "smarty-pants" about this fact.

12-10-2017, 12:57 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
You started talking about a lens (Pentax-M 20mm F4) which was designed for 35mm film. In that, its original design function, it was an ultra-wide lens, and I can show you Pentax catalogues in which it is described as such; can you show me a Pentax catalogue which describes it as "moderately wide"? Of course you can use it on an APS-C body when it then acts moderately wide, but that is not its native use. I'm baffled as to what you see as "smarty-pants" about this fact.
Apparently the context of this topic is lost on you. I know perfectly well what the 20 was designed for. But that doesn't really matter when shooting aps-c apart from that it is still one of the widest primes you can get for Pentax aps-c.