Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Write delay

Hello, I wonder if someone is familiar with my problem. My K-1 just returned from warranty repair (had its mirror stuck in up position). Everything is fine, except it developed some peculiar problem. It takes about 4 seconds to write the image to SD card. I am using the same card (90 Mb/sec write speed) where there was zero delay before. It even takes few seconds now to delete the image. Any ideas?

11-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps they reset the settings. In distortion correction, skin tone correction, or clarify enhancement enabled?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

4 second. isn't that usual. Loading the 144Mbytes of pixel shifted frame in raw takes even longer. Downside of high resolution cameras.
Phase One XF100 taken even longer. There is no "free lunch".
11-10-2017, 10:42 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Perhaps they reset the settings. In distortion correction, skin tone correction, or clarify enhancement enabled?
Adam, thank you for your help. You were absolutely right. It was preset for distortion correction and I don't remember setting this function. As soon as I reset it, the problem was gone. If it was not fixed, I would have lost half of the shots I took today in Venice during the water taxi ride down the Grand Canal. I had to do the rapid shooting and I did. Got a lot of good shots.

11-10-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by TTQ225 Quote
Adam, thank you for your help. You were absolutely right. It was preset for distortion correction and I don't remember setting this function. As soon as I reset it, the problem was gone. If it was not fixed, I would have lost half of the shots I took today in Venice during the water taxi ride down the Grand Canal. I had to do the rapid shooting and I did. Got a lot of good shots.
Happy to help! It's true that any of the processing-heavy options in the camera can kill your burst rate.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: