Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2018, 03:15 PM - 1 Like   #16
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Honestly, I don’t really care about that kind of thing, Mistral75. In fact, that site is a complete joke, so I’d just as soon not be mentioned.

As far as I can see, the guy doesn’t have any real sources of his own related to Pentax. If you ever have the misfortune to scroll down to the comments, it’s roll call of people who have been banned from all the other sites - not a place for civil conversation.

01-23-2018, 09:15 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Love the humour, and appreciate your correction!

Well, never say never, they say. But at 830g and with those dimensions that would be a huge hunk of glass to put on an APS-C body. Would be perfectly happy with a post-SDM update of the DA★ 55mm F1.4, which would be something I could more likely afford, but doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.
If you are shooting APS-C, then either the DA55 or the FA 50/1.4 are good choices. The FA50/1.4 is decent enough on APS-C, but not so much on the K1. Obviously the angle of view is different on the two formats, with the consequence they would be used for different subjects.
01-24-2018, 12:10 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
This happens quite often recently. I find something that I think might be of interest to the forum, but I find the most appropriate thread has descended into bickering and gone completely off topic. So I wonder whether to just post it there or start a new one. I don't want to start proliferating duplicate threads, so I normally post it in the existing thread, but I fear only a handful of people see it, the rest having long since given up. Never mind. I guess I'll just keep doing what I do.
I might be guilty of some of that bickering, but I'm properly paying attention, and look forward to your posts.
Thank you for your contribution; and please keep posting.

---------- Post added 24-01-18 at 09:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I did the same with the Facebook/Twitter account name change (from Ricoh Imaging to Pentax by Ricoh Imaging), again giving two direct links to JPT's messages. Peter chose to post a link to the thread itself and he added a link to a former entry of his about Ricoh getting out of the camera business and potentially selling the Pentax brand...
And he got really upset when a certain someone asked why
By the way, he believes that the account name change is a sign that Ricoh will sell Pentax (the argument that another company would not use an account with the URL ricohimaging.jp wasn't accepted).