Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2018, 05:08 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
pentaxrumors.com reports new HD PENTAX-D FA ★ 50mm F1.4 likely to be released soon

Okay, this is an unconfirmed rumour based on a Twitter post by a big Pentax-stocking camera shop in Osaka, but it seems to suggest that they expect the HD PENTAX-D FA ★ 50mm F1.4 to be released pretty soon and that, at least in Japan, it should be available in time for the cherry blossom season, which would mean by mid-March:

https://pentaxrumors.com/2018/01/20/the-new-hd-pentax-d-fa-%e2%98%85-50mm-f-...released-soon/

01-21-2018, 05:32 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Which came from well known forum member @mistral75 so he probably posted here too.
01-21-2018, 05:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Which came from well known forum member @mistral75 so he probably posted here too.

From what I can see, he hasn't. But you're right, I should have acknowledged him in my sourcing. It seems it was him who made pentaxrumors.com aware of the find. Just came across the story and thought it might be of interest. Am not even in the market for that lens.
01-21-2018, 06:23 AM - 3 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Old news

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Yaotomi Camera is a camera store in Osaka thatís a huge supporter of Pentax. Their Twitter has a post that suggests the DFA 50mm is close to release, and that it will be available in time for the cherry blossom viewing season. That implies that it would be on sale by mid March.

This is the post concerned:
Twitter

さあ、HD PENTAX-D FA★50mmF1.4 SDM AWのは発売が、いよいよ目前に迫ってまいりましたね。「桜に間に合う」そんな言葉がちらほら私の界隈で開花しだしましたよ~

Itís possible that I misinterpreted it, but thatís my reading.
It was posted three days ago but nobody noticed because they were too busy arguing!

01-21-2018, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
From what I can see, he hasn't. But you're right, I should have acknowledged him in my sourcing. It seems it was him who made pentaxrumors.com aware of the find. Just came across the story and thought it might be of interest. Am not even in the market for that lens.
But you still need to know about it. Circumstances might change. You might have to buy it some day.
01-21-2018, 06:30 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
It was posted three days ago but nobody noticed because they were too busy arguing!

Love the humour, and appreciate your correction!

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But you still need to know about it. Circumstances might change. You might have to buy it some day.

Well, never say never, they say. But at 830g and with those dimensions that would be a huge hunk of glass to put on an APS-C body. Would be perfectly happy with a post-SDM update of the DA★ 55mm F1.4, which would be something I could more likely afford, but doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 01-21-2018 at 06:52 AM.
01-21-2018, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, never say never, they say. But at 830g and with those dimensions that would be a huge hunk of glass to put on an APS-C body.
There's a cure for this. It's called "K1".

01-21-2018, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
There's a cure for this. It's called "K1".

Er, the Wife would look at me as if I had suggested a family outing to Mars if I quoted a photo gear price in the four digits ...

01-21-2018, 07:30 AM - 3 Likes   #9
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
This happens quite often recently. I find something that I think might be of interest to the forum, but I find the most appropriate thread has descended into bickering and gone completely off topic. So I wonder whether to just post it there or start a new one. I don't want to start proliferating duplicate threads, so I normally post it in the existing thread, but I fear only a handful of people see it, the rest having long since given up. Never mind. I guess I'll just keep doing what I do.
01-21-2018, 07:40 AM   #10
Pentaxian

You're doing the right thing JPT I did noticed that post first place, and just waited till someone will post it on rumor sites
01-21-2018, 07:42 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I guess I'll just keep doing what I do.

Please do, JPT, by all means. For obvious reasons, having forum members in Japan with that kind of "first-hand" information is invaluable. Sure had no intention to "hijack" your news.
01-21-2018, 08:03 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

handful of people see it
I saw and appreciate your post. Thanks. Yes, would be nice if things would settle down a bit. Hopefully some new gear will get folks back on track.
01-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
As written by other people before, I did not; JPT did. I sent links to both Yaotomi's tweet and JPT's message to Photo Rumors to promote positive Pentax news and Peter chose to thank me and ignore JPT...

I did the same with the Facebook/Twitter account name change (from Ricoh Imaging to Pentax by Ricoh Imaging), again giving two direct links to JPT's messages. Peter chose to post a link to the thread itself and he added a link to a former entry of his about Ricoh getting out of the camera business and potentially selling the Pentax brand...
01-21-2018, 11:43 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Okay, this is an unconfirmed rumour based on a Twitter post by a big Pentax-stocking camera shop in Osaka, but it seems to suggest that they expect the HD PENTAX-D FA ★ 50mm F1.4 to be released pretty soon and that, at least in Japan, it should be available in time for the cherry blossom season, which would mean by mid-March:

The new HD PENTAX-D FA ? 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW lens to be released soon | Pentax Rumors
Ricoh said "Spring 2018" in the press release, which in my opinion implies a CP+ launch or earlier.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-21-2018, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
As written by other people before, I did not; JPT did. I sent links to both Yaotomi's tweet and JPT's message to Photo Rumors to promote positive Pentax news and Peter chose to thank me and ignore JPT...

I did the same with the Facebook/Twitter account name change (from Ricoh Imaging to Pentax by Ricoh Imaging), again giving two direct links to JPT's messages. Peter chose to post a link to the thread itself and he added a link to a former entry of his about Ricoh getting out of the camera business and potentially selling the Pentax brand...
Not very good of him then. I think he shouldn't be fed any more rumours. He is not doing the brand a service, continually recycling his doubts about the continuity of the Pentax brand at Ricoh when there is no real reason to.