Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K1 Owners in San Diego

Hey all,

I'm seriously considering preordering the K1ii to replace my K3ii. But, I'd really like to see and maybe take some test shots with one in person. Is there anyone in San Diego who has one and is willing to meet up for me to check out the camera? I'm near Mission Bay and am willing to drive to see it.

Thanks in advance.

03-13-2018, 10:57 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by neokind Quote
Hey all,

I'm seriously considering preordering the K1ii to replace my K3ii. But, I'd really like to see and maybe take some test shots with one in person. Is there anyone in San Diego who has one and is willing to meet up for me to check out the camera? I'm near Mission Bay and am willing to drive to see it.

Thanks in advance.
I know we have K-1 owners in LA, if that's not too far away. You might find our member map helpful:

Worldwide Pentax User Map - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can go to Samy's Camera and try out the display model. They even allow you to use your memory card take some pics, which you can load it on your PC and check. They won't allow you to take it out tho.

I tried out the K3 II at the store, liked it but later found a good deal on a used K3, so settled on that.

Other option is to rent the camera from them or other online rental places.

Good Luck.
03-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
LA's a 4+ hour round trip for me, depending on traffic. But, Samy's in Santa Ana might be a good option. That's only about half as far. I just looked on the Pentax site and the only retailer for their DSLRs in San Diego closed a few years ago. That's a shame for many reasons, but especially because it was only 10 minutes away from me. Drat.

03-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You can rent the K-1 from borrowlenses.com for very reasonable prices. That is what I did until I could afford to purchase my own.
03-13-2018, 02:28 PM - 2 Likes   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by neokind Quote
Hey all,

Thanks in advance.
Hey Neokind,

I'm over by Lake Miramar. Send me a PM.
03-15-2018, 08:59 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
A BIG shout out to Ks2go, who generously took time out of his day to introduce me to the K1. It is relations like this that add seasoning to an already great experience as a Pentax owner. Many thanks, and I’ll be ordering my K1ii soon.
03-16-2018, 12:50 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see something positive from humankind these days. Being a Pentaxian helps of course!