Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2018, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #1

pentax k-1 bag and some good ideas

hi guys I love my k-1 and wanted to get a bag for it and a fiew lenses ,but I also wanted a compartment for a tripod as I don't like people seeing me carrying camera and tripod ..so my search began and ive found the perfect bag for my uses ,ive also found the pefect tripod that fits in the bag and the weight is very very good here is what is in the bag,ive also bought a pair of nooz optics ,will attach links

k-1 with l bracket and 43mm ltd lens
100mm macro
50mm macro
35mm f2.4
memory card holder
2x batterys

not heavy im now 50 so don't want to be carrying big heavy gear .tripod choice is anything that is around 15inch will fit

also sick of forgetting or having to carry my glasses around .I have superb long distance but not great short so these are brilliant

link to camera bad I actually got mine for just 59 it has gone up a tiny bit

Vanguard VEO Discover 38 Shoulder Bag - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

tripod is FLM CP26 german made really high quality and the perfect size and because its carbon nice and light but very very sturdy ..I was tempted with the novoflex triopod but the legs which screw on are 16inch and the other legs they sell are only 12 or 13 inch which fit fine but height isn't great so this is the reason I went with the FLM
FLM CP26Travel Tripod - Carbon Fibre

nooz glasses

Nooz Optics? - Ultra-practical reading glasses

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPad Pro (10.5-inch)  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPad Pro (10.5-inch)  Photo 
06-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by andy271 Quote
nooz glasses
How long have you been using the Nooz? I have seen these, but never considered them seriously since I have fairly oily skin and can imagine the Nooz simply falling off after even a few minutes.

Steve
06-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Looks like a nice kit
06-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
ive been using them for around week and half .they never fall off .I will end up buying some spare ones

06-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #5

Like like a nice choice. Finding the perfect camera bag is so hard. I have 3 and none really ended up being what I really need.
06-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #6

Original Poster
yes not easy .and the good thing is it doesn't to me anyway look like a camera bag
06-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #7

What is the length capacity for the tripod compartment? My son is stealing my recently repaired K30 to take to college, and I'm giving him the Pentax sling bag to carry, as my K3 doesn't fit well in that bag with the battery grip on it. So im looking for a new bag to tote all my gear (3-5 lenses ranging from near pancake to about 8" long, but mostly short lenses, DSLR body, tripod, batteries, charger, SD cards and reader), and this is an option I hadn't seen before with the internal tripod space. Do you think the bag would hold all the above listed stuff and a 45cm tripod?
06-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #8
Pentaxian

That bag looks useful.
Thanks for feeding my camera bag buying addiction.

Last edited by rawr; 06-02-2018 at 05:48 PM.
06-03-2018, 05:19 AM   #9

Original Poster
the tripod need s to be 15inch or shorter ..16inch will just about fit in but it will bulge at the end were you zip it up

the depth inside for lenses and camera is 6 inch

the width is 6 to 7 inch

lengh is around 14inch .its actually 15inch but depends how tight you want everything

for the money its a bargain ..don't know how long it will last but I look after my gear so it may vary

something like a manfrotto befree with the head should fit in easy

the FML tripod is 15.3 inch and fits nice but that is just the legs.i attatch the head when I arrive at my shoot

yea it us very useful rawr im very happy with it and I am a picky person .another thing I like about it is it stays straight when I put it on the floor
07-17-2018, 08:14 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The bag looks great! I think I've found a decent solution for now... Ruggard Triumph 35 Sling Bag PGB-235B B&H Photo Video

I'm troubled to see it's been discontinued. At any rate, I like it due to its size... not too big, not too small. Holds two K-1s with attached lenses, plus the top compartment can hold another one if you have three. I sometimes stick a film SLR in there. One thing I really like about it is the floor of the top compartment can flip up (it's velcro'd on three sides) and I can slam a K-1/M400 in the bag and re-arrange the dividers to fit in there also. It's got side access for use as a sling, and unusually, rear access to the full compartment. I suppose this prevents pickpocketers (pickbaggers?) from getting at your stuff, or from your stuff falling off your back when you forget to zip it. There's also a rainfly. And it's comfy. It's 'just another sling bag,' but the expandable compartment that is roomy enough for camera plus long lens (in my case, M400) sold me on it.

The Noozes look quite cool... I shall have to keep those in mind when I finally admit I need reading glasses.
07-18-2018, 03:10 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
How long have you been using the Nooz? I have seen these, but never considered them seriously since I have fairly oily skin and can imagine the Nooz simply falling off after even a few minutes.

Steve
prince nez glasses
07-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
prince nez glasses
Yes, I know they are a form of pince nez eyeglasses. I was asking how well this model actually works. Design and materials are important and some products simply suck for some skin types and ethnicities.

Steve