Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #1

Lenses compatible with k1

Hi..
I'm debating about getting the K1. Is there a guide to check compatiblity with APC lens from pentax, Tamron, sigma.?

11-14-2018, 11:49 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ros81 Quote
Hi..
I'm debating about getting the K1. Is there a guide to check compatiblity with APC lens from pentax, Tamron, sigma.?
You can use our compatibility checker:
Pentax K-1 - Lens Compatibility | PentaxForums.com

There's a full list of lenses on the page above, or you can search. The list includes all genuine Pentax lenses as well as current third-party lenses.

For film-era third-party lenses (which aren't listed), all should be compatible with the same set of restrictions as Pentax M or A lenses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2018, 01:10 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
This might help a bit, scroll down. Take note if the image was shot in Crop or FF mode.

PENTAX K-1 Laboratory | PENTAX K-1 Special site | RICOH IMAGING
11-30-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GalacticPhoto Quote
This might help a bit, scroll down. Take note if the image was shot in Crop or FF mode.

PENTAX K-1 Laboratory | PENTAX K-1 Special site | RICOH IMAGING
Well there are images on that link that are shot in crop mode even when the lens is a FF.

I would stick to Adams suggestion.

11-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

regarding Pentax lenses

have you checked out the in depth reviews for the K 1 ?

Pentax K-1 Review
Available Lenses

The Pentax K-1 is compatible with every Pentax K-mount lens ever made without the need for an adapter, and with little or no restrictions in terms of functionality: this includes over 204 genuine full-frame lenses in addition to thousands of third-party offerings. Furthermore, you can adapt M42, M37, 645, and 6x7 lenses. Refer to our lens compatibility guide for further details, or seek advice in the lens forum.

Read more at: Pentax K-1 Review - Available Lenses | PentaxForums.com Reviews

and there is this thread which might be of interest

DA lenses on Full Frame: Test Shots thread - Page 35 - PentaxForums.com
11-30-2018, 05:51 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Well there are images on that link that are shot in crop mode even when the lens is a FF.

I would stick to Adams suggestion.
There are also Crop lenses shot in FF mode. That's why I said take note of how it was shot. These are real world examples.
12-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I have been using the SIGMA 85mm f1.4 EX DG HSM on my K1 with great results! I want a 50mm and am not sure I need a $1200 Pentax lens, so was looking a the SIGMA 50mm f1.4 EX DG HSM but neither of the lenses are listed as being compatible with the K1. What is the reason for this?

12-12-2018, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

I have dozens of premium, manual-focus lenses that I use on my K-1, and none of them say Pentax on them. Also, none of them are listed in the "compatibility" and "third party" lens lists mentioned above.

I adapt: Zeiss ZF (Milvus & Classic), Bronica SQ, Fujinon, Nikkor non-Ai, M42, and Leica R lenses to K mount. Some are easy to adapt, while others are more difficult. However, the incredible images I make with them on my K-1's make the time and expense of adapting them worth the trouble.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 12-12-2018 at 03:07 PM.
12-12-2018, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kjphilippona Quote
I have been using the SIGMA 85mm f1.4 EX DG HSM on my K1 with great results! I want a 50mm and am not sure I need a $1200 Pentax lens, so was looking a the SIGMA 50mm f1.4 EX DG HSM but neither of the lenses are listed as being compatible with the K1. What is the reason for this?
They're not current products.

I have the 85, BTW, and quite like it.
12-12-2018, 09:36 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kjphilippona Quote
Kim, you might want to consider the Pentax FA 50/2.8 macro. It has exceptional IQ for all uses, read the reviews. And it typically sales for less than $200.00.
Best Regards, Bob