Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2019, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Finally ordered a K-1ii (bundled with grip) and expect it to arrive by Friday. Will be comparing my experience with Uncle Vanya's loan at least with regard to the redeployment of classic lenses in their intended fields of view.

Really as soon as Pentax announced there would be a full frame digital body, I knew I wanted one - I just wasn't prepared to shell out. But ars longa, vita brevis; and the "can afford but don't really need" gap was eventually closed by the knowledge that I'm not making the most of some lovely hunks of glass I've been gathering over the years. Most notably -- FA31, A*85/1.4, SMC50/1.2, A28/2.0; and the more common fare -- FA50/1.4, Vivitar/Cosina 19/3.8, Zenitar fisheye.

The DA*16-50 might get replaced with the DFA24-70 sometime, but there's a rhythm to these things. There will be plenty to experiment with and learn.
I bought a K1 last month for much the same reason and have been very happy to have my favourite old film era lenses become useful again. In particular my ATX-Pro 20-35mm F2.8 has been getting quite a bit of use - I loved that lens on film but it was never that useful on APS-C. I am now annoyed at some of the lenses I sold - including one of the Vivitar 19mm F2.8 and in particular an FA* 24mm F2 which I now really, really wish I'd kept. I did get a Sigma 24mm F1.8 for a good price from a seller on here though and it's a decent replacement although huge by comparison.

BTW if you're looking at a 24-70 F2.8 then it'd be worth taking a look at the Sigma as well. I managed to get hold of a 2nd hand one for 200. Might not be as good as the Pentax lens but I've been more than happy with mine as an everyday lens on the K1.