Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 39 Likes Search this Thread
07-11-2019, 06:00 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I've done extensive analysis and decided I don't really need it... but do you think I could consider selling it for even a half second? Not going to happen. It's luxury, one of my few.
You could have bought a D500 instead, it would have suited your shooting style better than the K-1

07-11-2019, 06:15 AM - 4 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I've done extensive analysis and decided I don't really need it...
I did the same research. Now I have two. And a 645Z.
Where does it end?
07-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got my K1 in June 2016 from Camera Cottage in Billings MT. I was on my way to Yellowstone and stopped in to see the place as I had purchased a few items from them via the internet. Once I picked it up I had to buy it. When I started looking at the images I was hooked. Just something about the image quality. I now have added a K1-II to the mix. I have been very happy with my decision to go full frame. My K5-IIs and K3 are not as happy with that decision.
08-03-2019, 06:21 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I did the same research. Now I have two. And a 645Z.
Where does it end?
Sandy,
Do you use your 645Z much? I don't hear you mention it very often.

08-03-2019, 07:11 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Do you use your 645Z much?
Alas no. I keep thinking I should sell all my medium format gear - then I get handle it and change my mind
08-13-2019, 06:09 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Alas no. I keep thinking I should sell all my medium format gear - then I get handle it and change my mind
I certainly understand that.
08-13-2019, 10:29 PM - 1 Like   #22
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Pentax K-1 arrived today
Enjoy that camera, it's a fine piece of kit, capable of producing some very fine imagery with your help.

08-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I got my K1 in June 2016 from Camera Cottage in Billings MT. I was on my way to Yellowstone and stopped in to see the place as I had purchased a few items from them via the internet. Once I picked it up I had to buy it. When I started looking at the images I was hooked. Just something about the image quality. I now have added a K1-II to the mix. I have been very happy with my decision to go full frame. My K5-IIs and K3 are not as happy with that decision.
Did you find much difference between the two?
08-20-2019, 04:37 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Did you find much difference between the two?
Not a lot. Autofocus is a wee bit faster. Since the K1 autofocus is pretty decent as is this makes a larger difference that one would think. My K1-II does not suffer from shutter shock. I tend to keep my ISO below 400 whenever possible so this avoids what some people regard as image degradation at higher ISO's.

When I go to places like Yellowstone I keep a D FA 150-450 on my K1-II and a D FA 28-105 on my K1 and work around the shutter shock. Not hard to do with TAv mode. Whenever I need a different lens I just use whatever camera is handy. I cannot really tell any difference in the images.

Sadly the K1-II does not seem to write images any faster that the K1. Not usually a problem but occasionally frustrating.
08-22-2019, 11:38 AM - 3 Likes   #25
Veteran Member

I have wanted a K-1 since I played around a bit with one at Hunt's photo in Portland, Maine and had to have them take it away so I wouldn't go into debt buying one. Then early this month, one showed up here on PF and I had to buy it. So much more to learn but so amazing with my FA* lenses. Love at first click.
08-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I have wanted a K-1 since I played around a bit with one at Hunt's photo in Portland, Maine and had to have them take it away so I wouldn't go into debt buying one. Then early this month, one showed up here on PF and I had to buy it. So much more to learn but so amazing with my FA* lenses. Love at first click.
Congrats. It is such a fun camera to use. I've owned one basically since they were released and I don't regret the purchase for one second.
10-25-2019, 03:58 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi barondla,

I'm sure you will love the K-1 even more over time. I know mine has continued to grow on me and really enjoy trying all my old lenses on it.
10-27-2019, 05:21 AM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I got my K-1 not too long after it was released.. and yes my poor old K-3 sat patiently waiting for attention...
Then the K-1mk2 upgrade program happened... and still my poor k-3 sat in my cabinet with my K-P for company, while I played with handheld pixel-shift..
but, I pulled the old girl out after a while, and remembered just how great and easy it was to use for wildlife!
IMHO the k-3 is A wonderful 2nd body to the k-1 for a crop lens/FF lens combo when out shooting, particularly wildlife, as the K-3 has such a nice shutter speed- 8.3fps vs 4.4 on the K-1
With a grip for extra coolness, my little K-3 is again loved and used alongside the newer bodies