Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
Would you rather have a 24 mp K-2 that is 10 FPS or a 42 Mp K-2 that is 4 fps? I am not sure myself.
Uhmmmm - both?

10-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Speaking only for myself, 42mp 4fps. (Hopefully with a faster card write and deeper buffer.)

If I need 10fps, I can get that elsewhere, and we don't yet know what the K-new may bring to the table.
10-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Although I do wish for a lower ISO I'm basically happy, especially since I seldom use AF.

The only thing I would really like to have is a built in flash instead of whatever the K-1 uses that space for. 99% of my flash use is to mildly fill some back lit shot, so if the flash were built in I wouldn't have to carry a flash. I know others have extensive flash needs, so maybe Pentax could have a K-1 MKIII F ... F for a flash version

Last edited by les3547; 10-26-2019 at 02:46 PM.
10-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
An auto focus stacking feature like the 850 would be nice. More crop overlays. Smaller raw size option. Its pretty darn good as is, I can only think of little tweaks or performance upgrades.

10-28-2019, 04:03 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Would you rather have a 24 mp K-2 that is 10 FPS or a 42 Mp K-2 that is 4 fps? I am not sure myself.
For me it would be the 42MP, 4ps, easily.

I believe if you are looking at 10fps, you'd be more likely to be successful in finding a model in the APS-C range. This should be the range that will be optimised for action with fast frame rates and large AF frame coverage.

The FF format has bigger shutters, mirrors, and data volumes to deal with. Making a camera in this class very fast will result in a very expensive camera.
10-28-2019, 08:16 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
For me it would be the 42MP, 4ps, easily.

I believe if you are looking at 10fps, you'd be more likely to be successful in finding a model in the APS-C range. This should be the range that will be optimised for action with fast frame rates and large AF frame coverage.

The FF format has bigger shutters, mirrors, and data volumes to deal with. Making a camera in this class very fast will result in a very expensive camera.
Maybe not 10 which would be in the 1D or D5 pro body range, i guess the question is do you want a D850 resolution orientated camera or a 5d Mk4 speed\balanced camera as a flagship camera, $2000+ cost body
10-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #37

- Better Buffer / writing speed / frame per second

- Eye AF

10-29-2019, 02:45 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Maybe not 10 which would be in the 1D or D5 pro body range, i guess the question is do you want a D850 resolution orientated camera or a 5d Mk4 speed\balanced camera as a flagship camera, $2000+ cost body
Personally, I'd prefer a resolution-optimised model.
10-29-2019, 02:50 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ben.p Quote
- Eye AF
That is unlikely to be available on a DSLR.

Face-detect, yes. There are already DLSRs that support face detect even when the mirror is down.
For eye-detect, the metering chip would have to have a very high resolution. Also, you'd have to have a very large amount of PDAF areas in order to select an AF area that targets an identified eye.

Therefore, I think you should only expect eye-AF in a LiveView mode. The latter could be available in a DSLR as it is on a mirrorless camera if a hybrid viewfinder were employed. It is somewhat unlikely that we'll see this any time soon.

Last edited by Class A; 10-29-2019 at 03:31 AM.
10-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Something I find myself wanting is a face-tracking that follows the face automatically when live-zoomed for manual focus lenses....this would be something they could even implement now with software update
11-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #41

iso : 50 to maximum

10 FPS minimum

quicker and better Auto Focus

Last edited by pts1958; 11-04-2019 at 11:41 AM.
11-18-2019, 11:07 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First, if it's a new body design, I hope they keep the lunar lander articulated lcd screen! A bigger buffer would be nice. Don't think the K-1 can use flash with the electronic shutter. Would also like an external P-TTL master unit that fits on the hotshoe. Needs to be much smaller the the 360 flash! I could use a focusing screen with less brightness, but more contrast, optimized for fast manual focus lenses.

Someone mentioned native ISO. What is that for the K-1?
Thanks,
barondla
11-19-2019, 04:02 AM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I guess most of the things I hope for have been mentioned. For the most part it is a bigger buffer, faster write speeds (to empty the buffer faster), probably a dedicated auto focus joystick of sorts (assuming they will probably add some additional AF points), and a little faster frame rate. People tend to gravitate between "Do you want 4 fps or 10 fps?" The answer is really that I'd like something more like 6 to 7 fps and I am totally fine with sticking with a similar megapixel sensor -- 42 is more, but not enough more to make a difference when it comes to printing.

I don't particularly want a 16 frame pixel shift. I shoot PS a lot and I can tell you for real life situations there is no way a scene will be stable for the time necessary to collect 16 frames. This means that this sort of thing would only be useful for static scenes and macros in doors. Probably useful for some folks, but not really for me.

I'd like to see them make the electronic shutter available when shooting with the OVF. I would think it could be possible with a brief delay. As far as the accelerator goes, I really don't care. But I would be fine if they could configure it to kick in a little higher, like iso 1600. I think more people would be OK with that (although some would still complain). The K5 had undefeatable RAW smoothing that kicked in at iso 1600 so it wouldn't be unprecedented to have that be the mark for it kick in (and people really didn't mention that with the K5).

Anyway, those are my thoughts. The K-1 and K-1 II are really nice cameras already. They don't have do a huge amount to make them about perfect.
11-19-2019, 08:15 PM - 3 Likes   #44
Pentaxian

I'd like to see the option of delaying the Pixel Shift shot sequence, i.e., introduce longer pauses between them, and let the camera trigger flashes/strobes for each shot individually.

Pixel Shift lends itself for product shots or other static indoor scenes. However, it currently forces one to use continuous lighting. It would be awesome, if people could use their flash/strobe gear instead with the camera allowing for enough time for recycling.

If longer pauses between the individual shots are not conducive to actually capturing different colour information for each sensel position then at least the flash/strobe triggering should be enabled. Workarounds like using very low light levels or group cycling could be used to avoid recycling issues nevertheless.
11-20-2019, 07:07 AM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Now that these ideas have run to 3 pages, I'll add some things to my original request for much better tethering, as long as we're still wishing:

Built-in radio trigger, brand agnostic/programmable
Re-arrangeable menus--I want the things I use frequently more easily accessible
maybe higher MB---with PS it could make a bigger difference
much better video---I'm someone who could use the video functions (for work!)
more AF points with a or a touchscreen