Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2020, 01:10 PM - 1 Like   #61
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Movies, yes?

Better video capability would be great, including the advanced S-Log settings and 4k at 30, 60 and short 120 fps bursts.

Some of us would love that, so we don't have to lug another system of lenses somewhere else. As it is, I juggle between my K-70 and a Sony a6300 MILC these days.

01-25-2020, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would like to see all new Pentax cameras supporting a 10 bit HEIC/HEIF file format.
04-08-2020, 01:43 AM   #63

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
Would you rather have a 24 mp K-2 that is 10 FPS or a 42 Mp K-2 that is 4 fps? I am not sure myself.
I prefere a 42 mp ff 4 FPS because i hope that the new APSC will have more than 10 FPS with the 24 mp
04-14-2020, 12:58 AM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

K1 is the final evolution step of Pentax camera technology. It offers a great wealth of features even 4 years after release. The next cameras require some serious improvements as well as new features under Ricoh management. From what we have seen from K-new, the AF controller isin place, AF module can only be better... Even some lenses are promised. The process is slow, but the longer we are waiting, the sooner it will arrive.
Let’s hope Pentax is ready when covid-19 is fading out and people are coming back to buy new gear. K-new and the DFA 85 would be perfect in summer. K1-new and more glass in 2021 will make an impression.
Let’s hope Ricoh is doing ok these days, sticking to the Pentax (internal) roadmap.

05-12-2020, 07:46 PM   #65

My only 2 wishes for new Pentax FF are:

1) 50-80g lighter in weight

2) wider AF points coverage
05-13-2020, 05:38 AM   #66

I'd really like a hybrid electronic/optical viewfinder, on-sensor phase detect autofocus, some more grunt under the hood with regards to processing power to handle the data pull from the sensor. Externals, buttons etc. are perfect the way they are.
Having this hybrid between a mirrorless and SLR would be great - just like the Fuji X-pro line, where you have the option of using an optical VF if you so prefer.
05-13-2020, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #67
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My comment would be, most people with more than one system, don't learn to maximize the use of either.

Copy paste from another relevant post.
It gets so annoying reading postings from people so arrogogant and ignorant they start telling me that I can't do things that I've done. It's really simple for me. If you shoot enough weddings that you make enough money to pay yourself and cover the cost of the gear, buy a Fuji or A9 or whatever. If you don't, shoot with your K-1. There's absolutely no need to turn down a wedding because you"only" have a K-1. Shoot burst with focus priority not shutter priority. Take 3 or 4 shots at each set. You'll do just fine, and save a pile of money.

No confident/competent photographer is going to say he couldn't shoot a wedding with a Brownie if that's all he has. It's not the camera that makes you an excellent wedding photographer. My cousin was very successful with his old manual focus Hasselblads. He was the preferred photographer of the Bill Gates crowd in Seattle. So much so that when Gates open his 8000 Sq.ft masion with a party for 800 people my cousin was upset he didn't get invited. He was better than our OP would be with an A9. His huge canvas prints hang in a lot of Seattle homes.

Most of us here don't care that you can't get the results you want with a K-1. We can and have. No one is going to argue you can't get better. But as long as that doesn't affect the final outcome, it's all a matter of how many weddings you shoot. Do you shoot enough to make buying a different camera worth it? I shoot a wedding every 20 years. Most of us shoot even less than that.

The whole concept of two similar cameras with similar capabilities being with two non-interchangeable lens systems seems extravagant. Neither the the D800 nor the K-1 are the ultimate wedding cameras. That would go to the A9 (IMHO). You're drawing lines in the sand here.ANd since it's just an arbitrary line in the sand that you drew, we don't really care which side of your line the K-1 is on and which side the D800 is on.

For most of us, if we were going to do a lot of weddings, neither the D800 nor the K-1 would be our first choice. They're both far from the best option.

I have a K-1 because it was $1000 cheaper than the closest Nikon option and just as good for what I shoot with it. You can go on all you want about superior Nikon AF. I don't want to pay for it. I definitely won't pay the premium you pay to get it.

Why do some wedding guys think everyone needs what they need? It seems to be a personality trait.

Bottom line, if Pentax does everything you say they should and raises their prices to reflect that, the majority of folks on this site will no longer be interested in them. Just who are you planning to sell this new improved Pentax to?

Last edited by normhead; 05-13-2020 at 06:43 AM.
05-17-2020, 12:41 AM   #68

Some news about K new and lenses.
CP+2020 | RICOH IMAGING
What do you expect ?