Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2019, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I'm a member like you. As such, I'm perfectly entitled to call out your negativity. I'm not censoring you - quite the contrary.
Negativity, I have seen other members predicting the death of the company on this form in harsher words. I am not that cruel. I rather see them survive and I will happily support them and wear the Pentaxian badge. Calling out a company for falling sleep behind the wheel is what I choose to do. Maybe we all should do that, and maybe they will listen. Kissing their asses and pretending everything is ok may not be a wise move in the long run. We are entitled to our opinions even if they are not popular. This is called Pentax Forums not Big Brother is Watching Forums. I have supported them and continue to do so. This is 2019 not 1984.

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I do wonder what joy you get from your Pentax gear
They have paid and continue to pay the bills... and holding a K1 in your hand and seeing the images it can deliver is a high that is hard to describe. You out to try it. I think you will like it.

As I said, go do your moderating and stop harassing forum members for having opinions, albeit unpopular ones or god forbid not agreeing with you.

Let's tell these boys in Japan that we have all they have got left and stop treating us like idiots and get on with the program.

09-25-2019, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
Negativity, I have seen other members predicting the death of the company on this form in harsher words. I am not that cruel. I rather see them survive and I will happily support them and wear the Pentaxian badge. Calling out a company for falling sleep behind the wheel is what I choose to do. Maybe we all should do that, and maybe they will listen. Kissing their asses and pretending everything is ok may not be a wise move in the long run. We are entitled to our opinions even if they are not popular. This is called Pentax Forums not Big Brother is Watching Forums. I have supported them and continue to do so. This is 2019 not 1984.

They have paid and continue to pay the bills... and holding a K1 in your hand and seeing the images it can deliver is a high that is hard to describe. You out to try it. I think you will like it.

As I said, go do your moderating and stop harassing forum members for having opinions, albeit unpopular ones or god forbid not agreeing with you.

Let's tell these boys in Japan that we have all they have got left and stop treating us like idiots and get on with the program.
You can see that I'm merely asking why you have had a change of heart?

Any forum member can see your posts, so it's not "Big Brother Watching". From your post, I figure you think Ricoh is killing off Pentax? I don't see that. I see a company cautiously developing their products, in a difficult market, albeit slower than some members would like.

If you look at my signature line, you'll see that I do use a K-1II and I find it a fantastic camera. And, I really enjoyed using my K-5 prior to that and several film cameras before and since. Considering the enjoyment I get from my K-1II, and seeing the advances made with the KP and the as yet unnamed new APSC K-3 replacement camera, I don't see a dying company. Ricoh has very deep pockets and their financial results show that the camera division is profitable. Yet, the entire DSLR and mirrorless market is shrinking. So, from my point of view, I don't see a company on it's last legs. As a business owner, I see a company cautiously preparing itself for tough times ahead - but for survival where larger less well funded camera companies may suffer.

I don't think Ricoh looks at this forum, or any other for that matter, and uses what the forum members "tell" them to shape their business direction. Ultimately, they bring products to market because their market research has shown them what they believe will sell. Of course, they may sometimes get it wrong and if they bring a poor product to market, the market will tell them that by not buying that product. You can choose to buy those products, or not. You buying or not is not going to make any difference to some Ricoh exec. in Japan. They'll do what they do based on their assessments of what's good for their company.

So, I'd appreciate it, if you choose to reply to me, that you keep it friendly, as I keep my responses to you. Or don't reply. Your choice. But, don't tell me to get lost because I happen to be a moderator. I have as much right to an opinion as you. I'm merely asking for the basis of your unhappiness and have therefore suggested that you may be happier selling up, as you have yourself said. You are, of course, most welcome to ignore me, if you wish, lest you think I'm "harassing" you again.

And, I think that the OP who posted this neat little Kirk Tuck write-up, shared with us an example of someone who took the time to post a blog entry about a remarkable camera that he picked up cheap. Nothing but praise. So, from my perspective, I find it unfortunate that yet another positive thread has to be dragged down with ongoing negativity. That's my point of view, and like you, I'm entitled to my point of view.

Now, I'm off to go and shoot some cherry blossoms. It's spring.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 09-26-2019 at 05:39 PM.
11-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fun while it lasted -

Kirk has swapped away his K-1 (and large collection of Fuji) gear, it seems. The Lumix S1 meets his needs for photo and video. He definitely shades more to video and EVF than most Pentaxians, so it's the sensible choice for him. I love the S-series concept but if anything I'd be a Sigma fp user for L-mount. My budget is far below either choice so it's all rhetorical to me
11-24-2019, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Kirk has swapped away his K-1 (and large collection of Fuji) gear, it seems. The Lumix S1 meets his needs for photo and video. He definitely shades more to video and EVF than most Pentaxians, so it's the sensible choice for him. I love the S-series concept but if anything I'd be a Sigma fp user for L-mount. My budget is far below either choice so it's all rhetorical to me
I think he only sold his Fuji gear and is trying new gear. He has kept his Pentax as a personal camera.

Its kinda interesting that he has played with every system under the sun but has kept his Pentax.

The Visual Science Lab / Kirk Tuck: An "after action" report on the now ancient Pentax K1.