Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2020, 09:11 AM   #1

DofF K-1

Exactly where is the depth of field button/slider on the K-1? Is there some special trick to seeing depth of field on K-1?

Thank you.

04-01-2020, 09:16 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Right where it's always been on a flagship DSLR...Turn the power switch past On.
04-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
Yes!

Thank you. I now vaguely recall learning that when I first got the K-1. Before I wrote my inquiry to the forum, I looked through the K-1 manual. If there is information on the DofF switch, it was not obvious.

Regardless, thank you for taking time to answer my question and to solve my problem.
04-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #4

Preview button has options

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Right where it's always been on a flagship DSLR...Turn the power switch past On.
Just thought I'd add that the Preview/DOF switch has the option of Closing down the aperture to check DOF, as well as a digital preview. Recording menu 5, 5.

04-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #5

Original Poster
Digital DoF

The additional information is appreciated.

I just tried the described approach looking through the view finder and then at the digital screen. Reminds me of my old manual lenses on my first reflex, Pentax ME.

Thanks!
04-01-2020, 12:49 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

I have to admit that I never use DOF preview in the digital age. In effect one is taking a picture that doesn't get stored. Might as well take the picture and play back the result. But that is just me, I can see this feature being useful.
04-01-2020, 01:15 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use DoF Preview lever rather than Green Button for metering manual lenses whether in OVF or LV. It turns on the meter for decisions ev EV Comp.

04-01-2020, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I have to admit that I never use DOF preview in the digital age. In effect one is taking a picture that doesn't get stored. Might as well take the picture and play back the result. But that is just me, I can see this feature being useful.
Using the basic Optical Preview on the power switch doesn't do anything other than stop the lens down. In M mode it turns the meter on too.
04-02-2020, 01:09 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cpoteet Quote
Thank you. I now vaguely recall learning that when I first got the K-1. Before I wrote my inquiry to the forum, I looked through the K-1 manual. If there is information on the DofF switch, it was not obvious.
Page 55 in the K1 manual.
04-02-2020, 07:59 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I use it a fair bit, means I don't have to remove my eye from the viewfinder.