Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2020, 02:15 AM   #1

good Pentax Photographer?

Guys.

Could you guys recommend me some good Pentax photographers? macro photography would be the best.

thank you so much!!

09-03-2020, 02:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In my humble opinion, @Doundounba is one of the best macro photographers we have on the Forum. Doundounba - View Profile - PentaxForums.com
09-03-2020, 02:38 AM - 4 Likes   #3

You might like me >
If you do, like and subscribe!

Last edited by Sunburn; 09-03-2020 at 02:57 AM.
09-03-2020, 03:45 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
my suggestion is to look at the photos posted here at the forums and don't be shy to send a pm to any poster whose work you like

a couple of suggestions:

QuoteQuote:
PentaxForums.com → Pentax Lenses and Accessories → Lens Clubs → *Macro* lens club
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/129563-macro-lens-club.html#ixzz6WyUl4tmw

QuoteQuote:
Pollinators in action (if possible, please include info on equipment used, thanks)
I got the idea for this thread while experimenting with my K 3 and various lens taking pictures of flowers and insects at the Topeka Zoological Park.
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/3...#ixzz6WyVUqmiq

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-03-2020 at 03:50 AM.
09-03-2020, 04:14 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
a couple of suggestions:
I might add these two, also, as they're almost entirely macro by the nature of the subject matter

Show me your insects - PentaxForums.com

Spiders - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by ffking; 09-03-2020 at 04:36 AM.
09-03-2020, 05:57 AM - 4 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I always loved Thomas' pictures. He used to be an active member here.
09-03-2020, 06:44 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
I always loved Thomas' pictures. He used to be an active member here.
Gets my vote too +1

09-03-2020, 07:00 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Flickr has a photo pool for the 100mm Macro, you can find a lot of non-macro work there, but a lot of macro, too.

I'm sure you could look for photos in the style you like somewhere in those many pages.

Flickr: The smc PENTAX D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR Pool

In order to understand your needs better, can you expand on why you want such a recommendation? Pentax-specific issues are related to the cameras and lenses, and how they operate, what they are good at and not so good at. This you can learn from any knowledgeable Pentaxian, even if they aren't the best photographers. For example, I am an engineer by trade, so I understand the optical and mechanical properties of camera gear very well, but I'm not a great photographer. I enjoy it, and get some good images, but I'm certainly not great.

In terms of learning the art of photography, that can be done from any great photographer, regardless of the equipment they have chosen.

If you are trying to find out if you can be a great photographer with Pentax gear, the answer is yes. You can likewise be successful with any brand; they all are good. You pick the camera brand based on the features that are important to you, including lens availability in whatever platform you want.

Last edited by Kozlok; 09-03-2020 at 07:20 AM.
09-03-2020, 11:33 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum; it's nice to have you with us. You can browse through the 'Post Your Photos' section - Post Your Photos! - PentaxForums.com

There are always some great macro shots there. I'm always impressed with images from member Heinrich Lohmann, but there are many others too. I even throw in a humble submission now and then, though I'm not in the same category as some others.

Do you already have a camera and some lenses? I can highly recommend the Pentax-F 100mm f2.8 Macro and its newer cousins. The 'F' is relatively affordable, and has an average user rating of 9.73! Not too shabby! SMC Pentax-F 100mm F2.8 Macro Reviews - F Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
09-03-2020, 11:43 AM   #10
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
. . . I can highly recommend the Pentax-F 100mm f2.8 Macro and its newer cousins. The 'F' is relatively affordable, and has an average user rating of 9.73! Not too shabby! [. . .
I agree that the 100mm F2.8 Macro " family " is worth considering:

QuoteQuote:
Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 WR Macro Review
Specifications
The lens covers the full 24x36mm format, not just APS-C. The aperture blades are rounded, delivering a smoother bokeh which is important for a macro lens. However, unlike its predecessor, it has no aperture ring.

Rounded blades

The optical design is the tried-and-proven formula of the previous generation D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro lens, which in turn had inherited the optical design from the well-respected FA 100mm F2.8 and F 100mm F2.8 macro lenses introduced in 1991 and 1987, respectively. None of these earlier lenses had rounded aperture blades.. . .
Read more at: Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 WR Macro Review - Specifications | PentaxForums.com Reviews

SMC Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Reviews - D FA Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

SMC Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro Reviews - D FA Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

SMC Pentax-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro Reviews - FA Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

SMC Pentax-F 100mm F2.8 Macro Reviews - F Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
09-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sunburn Quote
You might like me >
Great video. Thanks for sharing. And great Flickr and Instagram photos too.
09-03-2020, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Some more macro threads here on the forum:

Macro by any means necessary club

The Macro Flower Club

The Raynox Macro club

The "Projector Lens" Club

This post is highly recommended:

CHEAP MACRO -- Buying or exploiting a lens for ultraclose work

One of my favourite go to sites:

Extreme Macro Photography

and another:

Photomacrography.net

Good luck, and have fun!

09-04-2020, 02:28 AM - 1 Like   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by david94903 Quote
Great video. Thanks for sharing. And great Flickr and Instagram photos too.
+ thank you. And welcome to my little comer of the interweb
09-04-2020, 03:07 AM   #14
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

it is worth the time to look through the article section of the forums

this one might be of interest to the OP

QuoteQuote:
The Advantages of a Dedicated Macro Lens
Achieving lift-size magnification
By PF Staff in Tutorial Videos on Apr 4, 2016

Read more at: The Advantages of a Dedicated Macro Lens - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com
11-09-2020, 09:02 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by honeybee Quote
Guys.

Could you guys recommend me some good Pentax photographers? macro photography would be the best.

thank you so much!!

The current monthly contest, Insects is now at the stage where Forum members are nominating finalists:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pages/contestnominations.php

Last edited by Thagomizer; 11-09-2020 at 09:08 PM.